Director - FP&A
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Director – FP&A
Specific job duties:
- Providing pro-active financial insight and reports finance results for the organization
- Ensures financial support by providing analysis, review, planning and control to ensure that the organization's financial resources are managed in accordance with accounting principles
- Responsible for the analysis and interpretation of financial trends requiring leadership's attention and will generate models and analysis to support strategy, theory and ideas
- Challenging existing processes, systems, reports, data analysis and outputs and implement necessary changes to create a best in class FP&A structure
- Originate and develop analyses to help executives better understand financial trends and financial opportunities (e.g., develop standardized reporting and analytics). Leverage analyses to ensure that the company meets its financial expectations and make certain executive leadership is fully aware of financial results.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost- effectiveness
- Manage the annual budget process, including developing key assumptions, working with business partners to ensure budgets are appropriate and that internal partners establish action plans that achieve the necessary financial outputs.
- Manage the company’s ongoing forecast process
- Develop Executive Presentations, monthly Executive reviews, quarterly BOD packages, etc.
- Analyze industry trends and competitor strategies in order to identify and make recommendations on opportunities
- Develop the 3 and 5 year long range plans, including developing the appropriate models and working with senior leadership to reflect business trends in the financial plans.
- Contribute to the development of financial systems and procedures
- Drive the development and implementation of processes and tools that allow for increased, efficient analytical capabilities and that allow executives to understand key financial issues in a timely and effective manner
- Determine how potential issues will impact the company’s financial statements in terms of accretion/dilution and other accounting impacts such as operating income, free cash flow and financial returns.
- Collaborate with the Senior Leadership in all aspects of financial support, project analysis and modeling. Prepare sophisticated financial modeling to determine solutions for complex financial issues.
2 Direct Reports
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in finance, accounting or related discipline. Master’s Degree in Business Administration preferred.
- Ten plus years of experience in the life sciences sector.
- Fifteen plus years of progressively increasing responsibility in operations, finance and accounting. Global experience preferred.
United BioSource Corporation (UBC) is a leading provider of pharmaceutical support services, partnering with life science companies to make medicine and medical products safer and more accessible. Our services support the full lifecycle of medicine and medical products, including development, commercialization, and long-term value and safety.
While UBC offers employment within Patient Support, Nursing, Pharmacy and Corporate, two main focus areas for the company are Clinical Development & Research and Safety & Risk Management. Members of the Clinical Development and Research teams help evaluate study protocol, target study population, recruit physicians and patients, and collect, clean, validate and report data. As a result, sponsors are able to submit findings to regulatory authorities or make a no-go decision in a timely and clear-cut manner. Additionally, our Safety and Risk Management teams develop, deliver, and report evidence to reinforce safe and appropriate product use.
Through our Patient Access services, we help patients begin therapy quickly and remain on therapy, building strong relationships with patients to ensure optimal care.
You can find out more by visiting