Business Insights Lead
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Business Insights Lead
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and we'll develop you beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us. As a Business Insights Lead in the Oncology Business Unit, you'll play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives!
We are committed to advancing the science of oncology to deliver life-changing medicines to people most in need. Our broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused on four main disease areas: breast, ovarian, lung and haematological cancers, using four key scientific approaches: immunotherapy, tumour drivers and resistance mechanisms, DNA damage response, and antibody-drug conjugates.
Our ambition is to eliminate cancer as a cause of death through scientific discovery and collaborations.
If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and are ready to discover what you can do by joining us on this exciting journey, and believe you can contribute to this bold ambition - join us!Purpose:
Leads all analytical activities for a key brand or therapeutic area. Influences strategic decisions of senior leadership through timely and insightful analysis using a range of data sources to support the current and future portfolio of the Company in an aligned therapy area / Business Unit.
Utilises sales data, competitor insight, multifaceted opportunity data, SFE data and market research, provides an objective in-depth understanding of the TA / market, and the key drivers of brand performance and future opportunities to the brand team and Business Unit. The BIA will be responsible for the provision of KPIs to aid and advise the Brand Team in Brand Planning and flawless performance executionAccountabilities Summary:
- Integral member of the Business Unit Leadership Team and Commercial Excellence Leadership Team driving current performance and future portfolio delivery
- Proactively collate, analyse and interpret data, sales and KPIs (metrics and measures) to develop insights and conclusions and thus inform high quality brand decision making
- Proactive gap analyses with the brand team to identify current and future therapy knowledge development in line with patients, the market, competitors, HCPs, payers and Key External Experts
- Proactively develop and propose solutions to address gaps through market research (desk based, qualitative and quantitative) by engaging with and working alongside Global brand teams, UK brand Teams and local account teams
- Work with key stakeholders (Finance Business partners, Brand Leaders, Payer Evidence, Data Analysts) to provide market intelligence support to design and deliver forward facing forecast models over 1yr, 5yrs and 10yrs horizons
- Drive compliant processes according to AZ SoPs and Code of conduct
- Contribution towards the delivery of the annual P&L, Contribution and Sales targets.
- Manage budget within +/- 3%.
Experience in analytical support / insights generationDesirable
Marketing/business related masters degree
Therapy area knowledge / experience
Sales & Marketing experience
Open Date: 19/02/2020
Close Date: 19/03/2021
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.