Scientist III, Downstream Process Development
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Our employees are able to develop their careers in exciting new medical technologies, and so can you.
Oxford Biomedica’s Process R&D team consists of experienced scientists and engineers that have extensive expertise in all aspects of upstream and downstream development. PR&D take processes from the laboratory “bench” scale and apply process expertise and engineering fundamentals for delivery to Manufacturing.
We are currently recruiting for a Scientist III, Downstream to join the team. The purpose of this role is to perform and report laboratory-based experiments or investigations in accordance with scientific or regulatory requirements in line with departmental objectives
Your responsibilities in this role would be:
- Involvement in activities ranging from vector production at laboratory and pilot scales, process development and optimisation, technology transfer, and process validation activities associated with the manufacture of new gene therapy vectors.
- Develop and optimise downstream processes for producing lentiviral vectors, working within the Process R&D group.
- Design and execute downstream vector purification and vector formulation activities for scale-up/scale-down of existing bioprocesses under the direction of the Team Leader or a senior scientist and in accordance with correct methodologies and procedures.
- Support new product process development and scale-up activities.
- Analyse and interpret experimental data for reporting to stakeholders within OXB
- Prepare written reports to a high standard and present data within the Process R&D group.
- Liaise with other members of the Process R&D group and assist with other development activities where appropriate.
- Accountable for own performance in alignment with group objectives and deadlines.
- Ensure a high standard of record keeping and documentation of experiments and investigations.
- Contribute to the efficient and safe operation of the laboratory
- Writing of departmental risk assessments, SOPs and other documentation where appropriate.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum BSc Degree programme level, a postgraduate degree and/or relevant experience
- An understanding of and experience in process development and/or gene therapy would be an advantage
- Sound understanding of downstream purification principles and processes.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Pharmaceutical industry experience in biological research and development or equivalent experience gained elsewhere
- Experience with the operation of laboratory, pilot or production scale downstream purification processes.
- Practical understanding of how own area of operation relates to the overall business of OXB.
- Understanding of laboratory health and safety requirements.
- Competency in data capture, reporting and management systems.
- Capable of explaining clearly why an experiment is being conducted and how the experiments help the group meet their objectives.
- Knowledge of the overall research programme in your group.
- Awareness of regulatory requirements e.g. GMP, GLP, GCP and/or Validation and Quality Management systems.
- Familiar with data analysis software packages such as but not limited to Microsoft Excel, JMP, Design Expert™, Graphpad Prism
Do you want to feel inspired every day? We’re future-focused and our business is growing rapidly. We succeed together through passion, commitment and team work, and so can you.
Collaborate. Contribute. Change lives.
No agencies please