Document Management Specialist
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Our client, a Global Biotech company based in the United Kingdom, who is currently on an exciting growth curve are seeking a Document Management Specialist on an urgent basis for an initial 12 months (with a strong likelihood for extension) for their Uxbridge site.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Transform subject matter expert and stakeholder discussion and/or process model flows into written controlled document procedures.
- Under tight timelines, lead and/or facilitate the writing, review, revision, and format-ting/QC of controlled documents; while adhering to format, content and style guidelines, considering usability and ensuring accuracy, consistency and quality according to templates and style guide
- Serve as a process documentation subject matter expert and point of contact.
- Provide regular status updates to manager/team lead/mentor and/or to business custom-ers to achieve goals and meet deadlines.
- Develop, write, edit, and format materials such as Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, and related business process documentation. When creating/revising the documentation, follow internal procedures (eg, Style Guide and checklists)
- Additionally, this position will be required to process documents via the established Research &Development (R&D) electronic document repository
The successful incumbent will possess:
- MS Outlook, (advanced) Word, Excel, and electronic document management repositories. MS Project and Visio experience preferred.
- At least 3 years prior experience specifically as a technical/business writer for writing con-trolled process documentation (eg, SOPs, user manuals) in the bio/pharma or medical de-vice industry (other regulated environments may be considered)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills/writing skills; active listening skills; atten-tion to detail. strong process/business writing skills
- Strong analytic/critical-thinking and decision making abilities
- Candidate should have critical thinking skills who is able to work independently with little direction.
- Must be flexible and able to manage multiple activities and priorities with minimal direction in a rapidly changing and demanding environment
- Prior experience leading cross-functional team/subject matter experts.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.