Clinical Trial Leader
- Experience Level
- Senior Management
At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.
Are you looking for a challenging job that will allow you to apply and further develop the knowledge and skills (e.g. multicenter early clinical trials, multinational early clinical trials), you have acquired during your career?
Then we welcome you to assume a wide range of tempting tasks as a Clinical Trial Leader - Early Clinical Operations focusing on Proof of Clinical Principle (PoCP) trials mainly located in Biberach/Riß (Germany).
In this position you will be able to perform 50% of your tasks & responsibilities from home.
Tasks & responsibilities
- As a Clinical Trial Leader - Early Clinical Operations (ECO), you will lead and support Early Clinical Development (ECD) project teams to provide clinical operational guidance and to drive feasibility of clinical trial protocols.
- You are accountable for the design, planning, conduct and reporting of specific multicentre, multinational clinical trials leading to the Proof of Clinical Principle milestone of Boehringer Ingelheim (BI)’s new development pipeline compounds.
- With your expertise you will maintain oversight, ensure feasibility of trial plans and pro-actively assess and mitigate risks.
- Furthermore you will enforce our internal company culture approach and skills in the trial team and trial management.
- In your new role you will communicate the trial status to stakeholders/senior management on a regular basis, escalating issues as appropriate.
- PhD, MD or an equivalent degree in Medicine, Clinical Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Biology, Biochemistry, Veterinary, Natural Sciences or Life Science
- Several years practical clinical research management experience including early patient trials in diverse indication areas
- Strong background in Early Clinical Development / Clinical Pharmacology, especially in early clinical trials of Proof of Mechanism / Proof of (clinical) Principle or Concept
- Experience in at least one or two Therapeutic Areas (oncology, central nervous system [CNS], cardio metabolism, inflammation) is desirable
- Understanding of major regulations (US FDA, EMA and PMDA) as well as familiarity with guidelines and standard of care is mandatory
- Strong and in-depth understanding of team work and high-performance teams
- Working in multi-cultural environment and in-depth understanding of corporate culture and cross-culture dynamics
- Fluency in written and spoken English as well as in German
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. As a result of COVID-19, we have introduced alternative working arrangements to ensure that our employees can stay safe and healthy, because the health of our employees is among our top priorities. At all company locations, we work remotely whenever possible. Additionally, we are now hosting virtual video interviews for applicants. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the hygiene rules recommended by the Robert Koch Institute. New employees who do not start on site in production or the laboratories are sent the necessary IT equipment, our Welcome Days take place online, and we plan to conduct their onboarding training virtually whenever possible.
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
This is where you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We also offer a competitive salary, generous amount of vacation time, and numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance. Plus, an onsite gym (Ingelheim), in-house doctor and best-in-class cafeterias and coffee bars to keep you energized and healthy. To learn more about what benefits could be waiting for you, please visit our Career area.
Want to learn more about us? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Please contact our Recruiting EMEA Team: Kevin Steiner, Tel: +49 (7351) 54-141507
Not exactly the position you are looking for but have someone else in mind? Share it via the button on the bottom of the page with friends or colleagues who might be interested.