- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Ambassadors have primary responsibility/accountability for providing appropriate product related training and enrolment for patients prescribed Product. Ambassadors will serve as the link for each patient enrolling in the Program to better understand and utilize other Product services, including but not limited to Product training and adherence education.
Provides case management support and education to patients on assigned caseload through remote contact with patient. This includes relationship building, assisting with navigating insurance and pharmacy protocols to obtain medication, referral source, and customized product and disease state training.
Specific job duties:
The Ambassador will adhere to principles as stipulated by program specific contractual agreements and company practices, which may include:
- Interact and build relationships with assigned patients throughout duration of program.
- Product related training and patient education for patient’s prescribed Product.
- Provide patient centric education regarding treatment and disease states for assigned products, updating program database per company protocols.
- Coordinate meetings between patient and clinical partners.
- Deliver customized interactions based on patient’s needs.
- Participates in program specific customer meeting and training sessions.
- Participates in program specific orientation meetings and demonstrates clinical systems competency on tests.
- Any additional duties as assigned by program management.
- Travel is required for initial training as well as national meetings twice a year.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- BSN and/or RN licensure
- Current nursing license in good standing
- 5+ years clinical experience in healthcare to include hospital, home health, pharmaceutical or biotech
- Nurse educator experience preferred
- Direct interaction with patient and support for persistence and compliance
- Knowledge of clinical data and pharmacology
- Demonstrated time management skills; planning and prioritization skills; ability to multi-task and maintain prioritization of key projects and deadlines
- Demonstrated effective presentation skills; ability to motivate others; excellent interpersonal (written and verbal) skills – with demonstrated effectiveness to work cross-functional and independently
- Demonstrated ability to work and drive for results and with enthusiasm
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute plans in an independent environment
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and vision: challenge assumptions and interpretations
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with third parties using good negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to be adaptable to changing work environments and responsibilities
- Fully competent in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and iPad technology
- Flexibility to work weekends and evenings
United BioSource Corporation (UBC) is a leading provider of pharmaceutical support services, partnering with life science companies to make medicine and medical products safer and more accessible. Our services support the full lifecycle of medicine and medical products, including development, commercialization, and long-term value and safety.
While UBC offers employment within Patient Support, Nursing, Pharmacy and Corporate, two main focus areas for the company are Clinical Development & Research and Safety & Risk Management. Members of the Clinical Development and Research teams help evaluate study protocol, target study population, recruit physicians and patients, and collect, clean, validate and report data. As a result, sponsors are able to submit findings to regulatory authorities or make a no-go decision in a timely and clear-cut manner. Additionally, our Safety and Risk Management teams develop, deliver, and report evidence to reinforce safe and appropriate product use.
Through our Patient Access services, we help patients begin therapy quickly and remain on therapy, building strong relationships with patients to ensure optimal care.
You can find out more by visiting