Patient Safety Specialist
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Patient Safety Specialist
Medical & Scientific Affairs
Competitive Salary & Benefits
At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people, and we'll develop you beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us. As a Patient Safety Specialist, you'll play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
Our UK Marketing Company (UKMC) is responsible for the marketing of our medicines in the UK. Here you'll also find colleagues from AstraZeneca's corporate functions and our European and International regions' sales and marketing teams. As a member of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI), all of our sales, marketing and communications activities are subject to the ABPI Code of Practice. If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do - join us.
It has been agreed that the UKMC head office will move from Luton to Pancras Square, London in early 2022. This role will be initially based in our Luton office, until this move takes place.
Our move to Pancras Square offers us the strongest possible platform to transform the lives of patients in the UK, as the country's leading biopharmaceutical company. The move will bring the UK Marketing Company closer to customers, partners and stakeholders in the UK's healthcare environment, as well as foster greater collaboration with the wider AZUK footprint.
Are you looking for an exciting role within an outstanding Medical team? Then please read on and apply!
The Patient Safety Specialist's responsibilities will include:
- Providing a high quality, comprehensive, technical and scientific pharmacovigilance service in the management and day-to-day processing of pharmacovigilance activities
- Providing knowledge and expertise to internal and external customers on all aspects of Patient Safety relating to UK Marketing Company (UKMC) activities
- Fully aligning with Good Pharmacovigilance Practice (GVP) requirements in line with the local Quality Management System (QMS) SOP and all other AZ policies and Standards
To be considered for this position, we need someone that has the following:
- Experience within pharmacovigilance.
- Demonstrable knowledge of legislation governing pharmacovigilance in the UK
- Experience of the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry
- Experience of external customer interaction
- Ability to effectively influence and interact with cross-functional colleagues
- Life science degree or appropriate professional qualifications
- Experience of working in pharmacovigilance at a marketing company level
- Project management skills
- Experience of authoring and implementing Risk Management Plans
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, as we enter 2021, please apply now!
Application closing date: 5th March