Editorial Director - Medical Communications
- Experience Level
- Senior Management
Location: Ireland, Fully remote
About the role
We want to expand our pack into Ireland! We are looking for a bold Editorial Director to lead a talented team of medical writers in Dublin. You need to be a natural collaborator and relish the opportunity to nurture a team. Are you ready for the challenge?
This is a permanent role for an Editorial Director to join Fishawack Health. You will have overall leadership of Scientific Services team members within Ireland, responsibility for ensuring the high quality of all deliverables and oversight of the performance of the team. As valued member of the senior Scientific Services team, you will play a crucial role in the recruitment, development, and account alignment of colleagues across your business unit. In return, Fishawack will offer you excellent job benefits, on-going career opportunities and a supportive & flexible working environment.
Who are Fishawack Health?
Fishawack Health is the leading global commercialisation partner for the modern life sciences era. Powered by a globe-spanning pack of strategic, creative, and scientific experts, we are driven to connect patients and healthcare professionals with the knowledge they need to live better lives.
Our three core operating units—Commercial, Consulting, and Medical Communications—can be leveraged individually but are designed for dynamic collaboration, with expert teams intentionally and uniquely assembled for each project. By bringing together best-in-class capabilities from around the world, we empower our clients—global pharmaceutical, medical device manufacturers, and emerging biotech and healthcare companies—to navigate the most complex of ecosystems while embarking on a faster, more efficient path to developing, launching, and growing their brands and portfolios.
Our internationally recognised, award-winning teams collaborate across operations in the UK (Brighton, London, Manchester, Knutsford, Dublin and Oxford) and USA (Evansville, New York, Philadelphia, Minneapolis, Scottsdale, St. Louis, and San Diego).
What you'll do
- Overall line management responsibilities for a medical writing team (professional development of line reports, identifying training needs, performance reviews, recruitment etc.)
- Continuous management, review and improvement of editorial processes and procedures
- Responsibility for resource planning and ensuring the high quality of all deliverables, as measured by client satisfaction
- Facilitate inter-departmental working practices to ensure optimum performance
- Actively participate in senior management meetings, driving any agreed actions with scientific services teams
- Previous editorial team lead experience within a medical communications agency/setting
- Educated to degree level in biological/life sciences; PhD is highly advantageous
- Experience with resource planning and managing deliverables
What we offer
We offer a creative, supportive environment with a uniquely diverse career structure where you will be able to continuously develop and tailor your career towards your preferred route, be that scientific delivery, operational, or client service. Our STEPS training programme – Supporting Training, Enhancing Professional Development – provides a broad range of training delivered in-house and on-line, and supplements on-the-job training/project team-led training initiatives. We also offer a generous company pension, private medical insurance plus many other excellent employee benefits.
Apply for Editorial Director - Medical Communications
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly