Associate Director, Biostatistics
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
- Associate Director, Biostatistics r equired to work within Covance's Statistical Analysis Research Centre
- You will consult in the design of complex and innovative studies and clinical trial programs as well as Leading the DMC/DSMB processes
- Previous experience of supporting data monitoring committees essential
- This is a permanent full-time role, either office based, or home based anywhere in Europe
Are you ready to discover your extraordinary potential at Covance? A career here provides the unique chance to create a lasting impact and difference in patients' lives. Joining our team will offer you a rewarding career, an opportunity to work in a high-energy, innovative & collaborative work place, along with access to comprehensive benefits. Your work is meaningful, and the results are lasting. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you'll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning. Our mission is to help our clients bring the miracles of medicine to market sooner -- join us for your next career move.
Job Primary Functions
We are seeking an Associate Director, Biostatistics to consult on innovative and adaptive clinical trial designs, provide support for DMC/DSMB data review meetings, and analyze all parts of any clinical study. The selected candidate will provide statistical input into other disciplines' activities and participate in interdepartmental processes; provide technical solutions and advice to staff and clients on statistical processes; train less experienced biostatisticians within project activities; and be responsible for the development of Statistical Sections of Protocol including statistical methodology, statistical programming procedures, definition of derived variables, and data handling rules and data display templates.
- Master's degree, equivalent, or higher in Biostatistics or related field
- Demonstrate good knowledge in supporting data monitoring committees with excellent organizational skills, communication skills and writing skills
- Ability to program in one or more statistical software packages (SAS®) used to conduct statistical analyses. SAS proficiency including use of a variety of statistical procedures e.g., non-parametric analysis, linear and non-linear models, categorical data and survival analysis
- Ability to perform sample size determination using appropriate statistical software such as NCSS PASS, Cytel EAST, StatSols nQuery, or SAS.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate statistical concepts
- Interpersonal and effective communication skills; able to communicate appropriately throughout Covance and with its clients.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, and a willingness to take ownership of decision-making.
- A good knowledge of the overall clinical trial process and of its application within Covance Clinical Development
- Competence in the preparation of Statistical Analysis Plans, analysis, reporting, etc. across a variety of trials
- Specific up-to-date knowledge of statistics as applied in clinical trials for at least one therapeutic area.
- Fluent in English language (both verbal and written)
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
MORE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please phone Peter Lewis on +44 (0) 1628 543 457 . To apply, please click on the APPLY button.
Associate Director, Senior Principal Biostatistician, Senior Principal Statistician, Covance, Chiltern, Lead Statistician, Lead Biostatistician, NDA submissions, DMC, Data Monitoring Committee, Independent Data Monitoring Committee, DSMB, Data Safety Monitoring Board, SAP, Statistical Analysis Plans, statistical analyses, MSc Statistics, MSc Medical Statistics, MSc Biostatistics, non-parametric analysis, linear and non-linear models, categorical data and survival analysis, Innovation, FDA, GCP, ICH, platform design, umbrella trial, basket trial adaptive design methods, pharma, pharmaceutical, SAS, home based, office based, office-based, home-based, flexible working, flexible location, home based UK Anywhere, anywhere in United Kingdom, UK, Great Britain, England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, Maidenhead, Berkshire, Edinburgh, France, Paris, Spain, Madrid, Barcelona, Germany, Munich, Berlin, Frankfurt, Cologne, Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Italy, Rome, Milan, Warsaw, Moscow, St Petersburg, Saint Petersburg, Smolensk, Kiev, Kyiv,#LI-PL1, #LI-Remote , Remote, EMEA