- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Based in Kent a pharmaceutical company is looking for an Analytical Scientist to join their department providing key expertise. This company is one of the top 10 global pharmaceutical companies that operates in 140 countries worldwide and has market leading products in multiple therapy areas. Job Responsibilities
- To perform routine and non-routine analysis using traditional and modern analytical techniques, as required by the Lead Scientist.
- Generate accurate and precise analytical chemistry data using laboratory techniques such as liquid chromatography (HPLC,UPLC), USP / EP dissolution testing, gas chromatography (GC), mass spec and Karl Fisher titration.
- Identifying, tracking and tabulating process related impurities through laboratory and pilot scale development studies.
- To develop assay / purity methods and perform validation.
- To generate data in support of stability studies.
- To transfer analytical methods to other laboratories and remote sites.
- Working with CROs to monitor the status of analytical testing and review data.
- A minimum of 3 years, experience in a Research & Development analytical laboratory setting.
- A sound, fundamental knowledge of Chemistry is essential.
- Good foundation and experience with analytical techniques such as HPLC, UPLC, MS, NMR (liquid), vibrational spectroscopy, dissolution, Karl Fischer, and UV spectroscopy.
- Method Development and Validation experience highly desired.
- Must possess basic knowledge of analysis methods and tools.
- Appropriate relevant experience of pharmaceutical analysis in a development laboratory within a group organisation.