- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
We have a newly created vacancy for a contracted Statistician that can start as soon as possible. This position will be for a 12-month period. Candidates can be remotely based, in proximity to one of our client’s many global affiliate offices.
Our client is a global biopharmaceutical company with a focus on neurology and immunology. The company aims to improve patients’ lives and they are consistently working on developing their understanding of diseases to allow others to benefit from their expertise.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Supporting the development, assessment and introduction of new statistical technology and methodology, including statistical model-based drug development approaches using frequentist and/or Bayesian methodologies.
- As needed, carrying out advanced statistical analyses to address complex design problems across therapy areas, for instance, performing complex simulations to determine sample size and power considerations for different study design options.
- Communicating complex issues in nontechnical language by using visuals, simulations and other illustrative techniques.
- Effectively leading cross-functional or multi-disciplinary groups and use technical expertise to pro-actively influence business decisions.
- Providing statistical sciences training to the company employees from different disciplines on advanced statistical concepts
- Seeking opportunities to represent the company by active participation in external professional/technical forums.
- Reviewing and approving abstracts, posters, presentations, and manuscripts for publication and ensures accuracy of all biostatistical aspects of such documents.
- Staying current with ongoing developments in statistical methods applications in the pharmaceutical industry.
- May be asked to participate on special projects across therapy areas and practices. Such other responsibilities and projects that the Company may assign.
- Strong programming skills in R or SAS.
- Experience in Bayesian methods and adaptive trials.
If you feel this description is something that fits your professional background and character, please apply now, or contact the team at Wentworth Life Sciences.
Apply for Statistician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly