Consultant - Real World Solutions
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Our goal is to contribute to the body of scientific evidence that allows medical practitioners to treat patients in the most effective way, and health systems to include as many patients as possible. We use data, collected for clinical (and other) purposes to answer research questions such as "which treatment works best in the real world, beyond the clinical trial setting?" Our fast paced and supportive environment attracts individuals who care deeply about the quality, timeliness and subsequent impact of their work; who thrive when exposed to the scale and variety of scientific challenges we face.
Consultants in our Client Engagement team are involved in managing and delivering Real World Evidence projects for our clients, primarily pharmaceutical or biotech businesses, but also academia or other health industries (e.g. healthcare providers). Our Consultants work as part of a team and are expected to be self-motivated individuals with excellent communication, task management, collaboration, and presentation skills. Consultants also provide high quality input in support of Real World Evidence business development opportunities.
- Planning, organising and managing discrete components of Real World Evidence (RWE) project delivery (scope, quality, resources, risk and timelines) to successfully complete specific project goals and objectives
- Providing day-to-day support to project teams of scientists to execute high quality research and analysis on time and within budget
- Acting as primary client contact for operational project questions, developing relationship through face-to-face discussions, workshops, telephone and email contact where appropriate
- Designing and structuring client reports and presentations
- Coordinating the development of detailed technical documents (e.g. RWE Study Protocols and Statistical Analysis Plans), working closely with scientific experts
- Adhering to project quality assurance process and associated documentation
- Proactively identifying project related delivery risks escalating to Project leads when required
- Interpreting real world insights in the context of the client’s strategic objectives
- Recommending improvements and alternative solutions to resolve client challenges
- Identifying new business opportunities for follow-on work
- Supporting broader business development activities with proposal development under guidance from senior team members
- Contributing to the development of novel RWE offerings as well as other internal initiatives
- Raising the external profile of IQVIA RWE by attending and presenting project work at conferences
Skills, experience and education
- Proven ability to manage own workload where there are varying levels of difficulty, scale and competing priorities involved
- Experience in planning and conducting projects using good project management practices
- Problem-solving attitude, anticipating issues early, analysing, interpreting and suggesting solutions proactively
- Curiosity about developing and interpreting new insights, and ability to articulate complex issues in an easy to understand way
- Able to engage and establish lasting working relationships with a wide range of internal and external, scientific as well as commercial stakeholders effectively
- Excellent conversational and business English (written and oral), demonstrated via: storyboarding / slide development, report writing, meeting and workshop facilitation, timely and appropriately informative escalation, and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a relevant and / or numerate subject such e.g. life sciences, chemistry, engineering etc.
- A masters/PhD in life sciences or related discipline is desirable
- Experience in healthcare consulting / experience in life science industry, ideally as a management consultant or within academia is desirable
- Applied knowledge of consulting methodologies, tools and techniques
Knowledge of key issues and current developments in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.