Commercial Training Manager
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Position is responsible for driving efficiency and effectiveness within the commercial organization by playing a critical role in supporting global commercial Sales and Inside Sales teams. Critical success factors for this role include: implementation of new sales hire training, support of marketing service launches, ongoing training needs assessment and facilitation, sales meetings, sales processes, understanding key trends and requirements to maximize productivity, and general Covance business knowledge of services and capabilities for Early Development, Chemistry & Clinical Pharmacology Services businesses.
Training, Best Practices & Communication
- Collaborates closely with assigned BU and GCO Management to strengthen and support sales training curriculum.
- Provides new Business Development Directors (BDDs) a deep understanding of study operations
- Coordinates Commercial/operational shadow opportunities (as needed)
- Drive and reinforce use of Salesforce.com (SFDC) with the sales team, emphasizing business standards and execution of best practice;
- Accompanies new BDD's to sites to ensure continuity during training, ensure completion of training schedules and manage schedule change in real time.
- Builds training and information slide decks working with Operational SMEs for BDD training.
- Audit training of new BDDs to ensure consistency and applied knowledge.
- Coordinates sales team webinar training with Marketing and SMEs to ensure understanding and adoption of new commercial initiatives
- Develops new Business Development Advanced Training (practical, function specific and shadowing training) based on knowledge gaps of individual employees
- Coordinates cross training with other business units with Commercial Training Lead guidance
BU Commercial Project Management & Meeting Support
- Work with Commercial Training Lead on the Global Commercial Meeting communication and pre-work, sales meetings, service launches including training, reinforcement and best practice.
- Work with Commercial Training Lead to support sales meeting agendas under direction of commercial leadership.
- Develop tools/resources/processes and work with appropriate individuals to support commercial effectiveness initiatives, skill enhancement, voice of the field, cross- functional team integration, best practice sharing and process development.
- Create and execute engaging and compelling learning activities for sales meetings. Develop learning resources and motivational learning activities aligned with best practice and effectiveness initiatives.
- Support field sales client engagement for site visits, facility tours, and territory support needs.
- Participate in Global Commercial Organization projects and support initiatives as needed.
** Qualified candidates may work remotely in either the UK or US**
- BS/BA degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office tools such as Power Point and Publisher
- Demonstrated internal or external project management skills
- Demonstrated success working in a matrix environment
- Coursework in training facilitation, needs assessment, and process mapping a plus
- Understand the utilization of SalesForce.com
- Building programs using ADDIE and/or The 6 Disciplines of Breakthrough Learning a plus
- Experience in either CRO industry and/or Pharmaceuticals and/or
- Experience in a learning and development role
- Experience in a commercial role including but not limited to
- A role that involved working with several internal stakeholders eliciting important information and communicating updates
- Sales, Training, and Communication related activities
- Cross functional Project Management
- Coordination of schedules involving complexity in logistics