Client Service Director - Medical Communications
- Experience Level
- Senior Management
Salary: £Competitive + excellent benefits (bonus, healthcare, pension, life cover etc.)
Location: Any UK location: Knutsford, Manchester, London, Oxford, Brighton or fully remote
About the role
You will be responsible for the overall health of your accounts, developing existing accounts and franchises to their full potential, achieving budget for accounts, and identifying and securing new business opportunities through internal and external interactions. You will typically work on larger/more complex accounts, and so the role requires broader and more in-depth client experience than the Senior Account Director and Account Director roles. As a Client Service Director you will be a member of the senior management team, playing a key role in the commercial direction of the Company. You will also act as a mentor to various members of the Client Service and Account Delivery Team. In return, Fishawack will offer you excellent job benefits, on-going career opportunities and a supportive & flexible working environment.
Who are Fishawack Health?
Fishawack Health is the leading global commercialisation partner for the modern life sciences era. Powered by a globe-spanning pack of strategic, creative, and scientific experts, we are driven to connect patients and healthcare professionals with the knowledge they need to live better lives.
Our three core operating units—Commercial, Consulting, and Medical Communications—can be leveraged individually but are designed for dynamic collaboration, with expert teams intentionally and uniquely assembled for each project. By bringing together best-in-class capabilities from around the world, we empower our clients—global pharmaceutical, medical device manufacturers, and emerging biotech and healthcare companies—to navigate the most complex of ecosystems while embarking on a faster, more efficient path to developing, launching, and growing their brands and portfolios.
Our internationally recognised, award-winning teams collaborate across operations in the UK (Brighton, London, Manchester, Knutsford, Dublin and Oxford) and USA (Evansville, New York, Philadelphia, Minneapolis, Scottsdale, St. Louis, and San Diego).
What you'll do
- Client management - developing an extensive client network and become an expert in the needs of those clients
- Strategic and commercial Insight - providing strategic input/commercial insight to clients and to the internal team
- Account team leadership - motivating internal team, installing project ownership and ensuring smooth running of accounts
- Business development - securing profitable ongoing business, up to the franchise level
- Financial/KPI accountability - achieving financial and account recovery rate targets
- Other/company level - provide consultation and facilitation services to clients, support group level initiatives and identify/develop training topics for account leads/broader delivery team
- Minimum 5 years' experience in an Account Director/Account leadership position achieved within a Medical Communications/Healthcare agency/Pharmaceutical environment
What we offer
We offer a creative, supportive environment with a uniquely diverse career structure where you will be able to continuously develop and tailor your career towards your preferred route, be that scientific delivery, operational, or client service. Our STEPS training programme – Supporting Training, Enhancing Professional Development – provides a broad range of training delivered in-house and on-line, and supplements on-the-job training/project team-led training initiatives. We also offer a generous company pension, private medical insurance plus many other excellent employee benefits.