- Experience Level
- Entry level
Our employees are able to develop their careers in exciting new medical technologies, and so can you.
Oxford BioMedica’s Analytical Services Group supports the development of products through analytical testing to facilitate manufacturing and process development, ensuring appropriate quality controls and use of analytics.
We are currently recruiting for a Laboratory Technician to join the team. The purpose of this role is to provide essential laboratory activities and services to support analytical testing within the category 3 laboratories to ensure timelines are met and that the laboratories are maintained to a high standard
Your responsibilities in this role would be:
- Provide support for equipment maintenance including equipment files and service contracts.
- To maintain cell lines used by ASG and other OXB departments
- To perform routine monitoring of controlled temperature units within CL3 laboratories
- To liaise and work with Equipment Engineering team to organize equipment servicing and equipment repair
- To liaise and work with Equipment Engineering team and Engineering team to organize specific CL3 activities, for example fumigation
- To clean and maintain the CL3 laboratory equipment and facilities
- To operate the autoclave and dispose of waste materials
- Provide support to laboratory technicians & scientists when performing analytical assays.
- To raise and review equipment files to meet Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) standards
- Oversee, maintain and ensure quality of key stock consumables, media, solutions, buffers used by CL3 Scientists to ensure work activities are maintained.
- Assist the CL3 team to ensure the laboratory suites meet regulatory compliance
- Assist in maintaining the health and safety compliance as applicable to a containment level 3 facility
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- GCSE English & Maths or equivalent
- Detail orientated
- Proactive and capable of prioritising own workload
- ‘can do’ attitude
- Experience of being a domestic cleaner is a regulated environment would be advantageous
Do you want to feel inspired every day? We’re future-focused and our business is growing rapidly. We succeed together through passion, commitment and team work, and so can you.
Collaborate. Contribute. Change lives
No agencies please