Principal Scientist / Team Lead, Analytical
- Experience Level
Our employees are able to develop their careers in exciting new medical technologies, and so can you.
Oxford Biomedica’s Process R&D team consists of experienced scientists and engineers that have extensive expertise in all aspects of upstream and downstream development. PR&D take processes from the laboratory “bench” scale and apply process expertise and engineering fundamentals for delivery to Manufacturing.
We are currently recruiting for a Principal Scientist / Team Lead, Analytical to join the team. The purpose of this role is to lead a team of Scientists and Laboratory Technicians and effectively co-ordinate the daily activities to ensure PR&D timelines are met, whilst maintaining compliance with GLP/GMP & safety regulations.
Your responsibilities in this role would be:
- Responsible for the line management of a team of analytical scientists and laboratory technicians; including managing performance, motivating the team and carrying out recruitment activities.
- Manage and prioritise the team’s workload and results, ensuring results are delivered on time and at appropriate levels of quality.
- Perform assays, report results and QC check assays for release in accordance with local rules.
- Review and approve training records, and where appropriate organize and conduct training.
- Contribute to and/or lead trouble shooting and technical investigations.
- Contribute to and/or lead both departmental and company initiatives/projects.
- Write, review and approve PR&D Policies, SOPs, forms and technical reports.
- Responsible for ensuring the GLP (and where necessary GMP) compliance of the laboratory and equipment.
- Ensure all direct reports or persons involved in projects are fully trained and maintain a high standard of record keeping and documentation of experiments so that information is clearly captured, disseminated and reported.
- Maintain awareness of upcoming technologies, and keep up to date with current literature and thinking.
- Promote appropriate, effective communication within team, with members of other departments, and with external collaborators.
- Contribute to cross departmental activities and provide expert advice and technical input where needed.
- Maintain a safe working environment by ensuring appropriate H&S training, risk assessments and COSHH assessments are in place.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- BSc, MSc or PhD (or equivalent) in a relevant Bioscience with an appropriate level of relevant laboratory experience.
- Previous experience of working within an industrial analytical laboratory environment is beneficial.
- Laboratory technical experience in one or more of the following areas: cell culture, qPCR or ELISA.
- Good understanding of lentiviral vectors (or other gene therapy vectors), and associated product quality attributes.
- Line management experience.
- A sound understanding of basic biopharmaceutical process development activities.
- In-depth knowledge of the regulatory requirements for analytical work (e.g. product specifications, stability testing guidelines etc) is required.
- Understanding of laboratory health and safety requirements to ensure reports and junior staff adhere to these.
- Ability to work within GLP/GMP environment and maintain compliance.
- Familiarisation with GMP work practices would be a benefit.
- Experience of managing multiple projects
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Able to prioritise workloads and work under pressure
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
Do you want to feel inspired every day? We’re future-focused and our business is growing rapidly. We succeed together through passion, commitment and team work, and so can you.
Collaborate. Contribute. Change lives.
No agencies please