Project Manager Sponsor Dedicated Barcelona Spain
- Experience Level
Under the direction of a Project Manager Lead supports overall project management of clinical studies by helping control the scope, schedule and cost of assigned project(s), which may range from single service studies to full scope or multiple protocol projects. Duties may include liaising with Customers, vendors and/or investigative sites to manage projects from proposal development to final deliverables to the customer. Upon displaying proficiency, a Project Manager (PM I) may be awarded the opportunity to function at the Project Manager II (PM II) level within a large project team or on a small project which offers continued mentorship.
- Creates and maintains the Trial Master File Management (TMF) Plan. Routinely reviews the TMF to ensure quality, completeness and inspection readiness
- Coordinates and monitors the activities associated with study deliverables across all applicable internal functional departments and vendors.
- Assists with activities associated with interim analyses, database snapshots and locks, final CSR and study closure
- Assists with identification of and contracting with approved vendors, as necessary
- Provides vendor management, inclusive of ensuring key deliverables are met, potential scope creep is identified and change orders are developed, as necessary
- Assists with development and implementation of change orders
- Assists with resource management and team member transition by collaborating with appropriate Resource Managers and ensuring detailed Transition Plans are developed and implemented efficiently
- Develops contingency planning and risk mitigation strategies to ensure meeting or exceeding study milestones.
- Creation and maintenance of metric reports, inclusive of data collection from multiple sources, for delivery to client or senior management
- Assists with overall financial performance of the study by interacting with internal functional departments or vendors to obtain required metrics for financial reporting
- Attends financial review meetings to assist with reconciliation and identification of budget overrun
- Reviews and approves invoices from sites or vendors and to the client
- Participates in representing the company to the client, ensuring satisfaction levels are met and statuses of deliverables are communicated effectively.
- May participate in Customer proposal development
- In collaboration with the Project Team, will plan, coordinate and present at internal and external meetings
- Facilitates team training in accordance with protocol and/or project requirements, including therapeutic, protocol specific, and process training
- Develops knowledge of current therapeutic environment
Equal Opportunities Plan. Its objective is to achieve the principle of equality of opportunity in Syneos Health’s employment practices ensuring that our workforce is truly representative of each gender and that every employee is respected and is able to work under equal conditions.
· Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) level of qualification in Life Sciences, Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing or related field equivalent preferred
· Prior experience in a contract research organization (CRO), pharmaceutical, or biotechnology company preferred. CRO and relevant therapeutic experience preferred
· Strong knowledge of Good Clinical Practice/ICH guidelines and other applicable regulatory requirements
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong ability to manage time and work independently
· Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal skills, both written and spoken, with an ability to inform, influence, convince and persuade
· Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks to meet deadlines while delivering high quality work in a dynamic environment
· High level of competency in English language
· Proficiency with MS Office Applications
· Ability to travel as necessary (up to 25%)
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees.