- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Monday to Friday
Full time - 37 - 40 Hour week (8:30 - 17:00)
Our client is a publically listed clinical-stage biotechnology company headquartered in the UK with offices in Germany and the USA. They have an ambitious vision to create better lives for people suffering from chronic systemic diseases using gene therapy as a one-off curative treatment.
They are looking for talented and passionate professionals who are driven and team orientated. If you share their vision for excellence and are looking for a high paced work environment, you may be a great fit for their team.
Under leadership of the Laboratory Manager, the Lab technician is expected to form the backbone of smooth and effective lab operations and as such, the duties will be wide and varied and as the company continues to grow, so will the role and responsibilities of the Lab Technician.
* Supports laboratory staff by maintaining glassware, logs, record books; troubleshooting, resolving problems; and helping with special projects as required.
* Maintains glassware by picking-up, cleaning, washing, drying, and distributing.
* Ensure sufficient media is prepared in advanced to a consistently high standard
* Keeps laboratory supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipt.
* Ensure enough stock is available by liaising with project leads to pre-empt abnormal demand
* Ensure all labs are fully stocked and operational at the start of the day and cleaned and free of waste at the end.
* Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, and carrying out any regular tasks as needed. This will include but not limited to deep cleans of incubators and tissue cabinets, and calibration tasks.
* Documents information by maintaining daily logs, equipment record books and personal lab book.
* Resolves problems by examining and evaluating data and selecting corrective steps.
* Organise and complete mycoplasma testing on a monthly basis or as requested.
* Monitor and keep communal areas clean and tidy
* Take responsibility for organising national and international shipment in a variety of shipping conditions.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
* Enhances laboratory and Freeline's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* Deputise for the Lab Manager in their absence.
* Adhere to H&S guidelines and GLP guidelines whilst ensuring other lab users do the same.
* Self-motivated, resilient and able to organize own workload
* Proactive approach to problem solving
* Experience of working in a similar role is desirable but all necessary training will be given
* Strong interpersonal skills - builds wide and effective networks at all levels
* Good attention to detail