Medical Science Liaison - Haematology / Oncology
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Salary: CompetitiveBusiness Unit: Oncology - Haematology
Region: North UK (Northern Ireland, Scotland, North East & Yorkshire)
At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and we'll develop you beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us. As a Medical Science Liaison (MSL) in the Haematology-Oncology Team, you will play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific abilities in making a positive impact on patients' lives. The team you would be joining is multifaceted, forward looking and has an industry leading set of existing and pipeline products.
We are committed to advancing the science of oncology to deliver life-changing medicines to people most in need. Our broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused on the disease areas of: breast, ovarian, lung, GI/Genitourinary and haematological cancers, using four key scientific approaches: immunotherapy, tumour drivers and resistance mechanisms, DNA damage response, and antibody-drug conjugates. Our ambition is to eliminate cancer as a cause of death through scientific discovery and collaborations.
If you are passionate about the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do by joining us on this exciting journey and believe you can contribute to this bold ambition - join us!Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) in the Haematology-Oncology Team is an ambassador for AstraZeneca's Haematology-Oncology portfolio, engaging in scientific exchange with Key External Experts, Health Care Professionals, and Clinical Investigators. Haematology-Oncology MSLs engage with external experts to identify medical unmet needs, evidence gaps in our product portfolio and gain insight. They deliver presentations in a non-promotional scientific context as determined by global / local oncology medical affairs plans and assist in the setting up of key studies.Minimum Requirements:
- Masters, Doctorate Degree or professional qualification in a relevant field of study, including nursing, medicine, pharmacy, pharmacology, biology, biochemistry, etc.
- Fundamental knowledge of basic research, drug discovery, drug development, and the clinical environment
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry, health care or a research environment
- Proven track record to understand, assimilate and communicate complex scientific information
- Proven track record in engaging and developing lasting relationships with both colleagues and experts in sophisticated clinical environments
- Proven demonstration of successful working in inter disciplinary cross functional teams
- Detailed written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Excellent understanding of written English and proficiency in spoken English
- Good organisational skills
- Previous experience as an MSL (preferably in Haematology-Oncology)
- Direct experience in the setting up and monitoring of clinical studies
- Project management experience
Open Date: 08/02/2021
Close Date: 05/02/2021
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.