Senior/Principal Regulatory Affairs Specialist - EMEA
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Senior/Principal Regulatory Affairs Specialist
We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
If you're a strategic thinker, planner and multitasker as comfortable working independently as you are on a team in delivering compliant deliverables based on solid judgment, PPD is the place to be. Our global regulatory experts contribute the regulatory strategy and knowledge to help our clients navigate the challenging regulatory environment — and help get life-changing therapies to patients faster.
PPD is seeking a Regulatory Affairs Specialist to join our growing Regulatory Affairs department. This is a fantastic opportunity to further your regulatory career and develop your expertise in this field.
In this role you will be a pivotal team member with ideally with regulatory experience. You will provide innovative solutions including global regulatory therapeutic area expertise and client interface to provide strategic regulatory intelligence, guidance and regulatory expertise for product development from preclinical through registration and product optimization. You will feel confident providing regulatory advice and carry out projects in the provision of regulatory affairs services whilst acting as liaison with internal and external clients in the provision and marketing of these services.
You'll work with the Regulatory Affairs management to perform the day to day operational aspects of the department such as: preparation and assembly of global regulatory submissions unassisted, interacting with sponsors, review and assess clinical trial regulatory documents, review and assess scientific literature. You will also act as prime interface with the sponsors of assigned projects.
The following skills are required to be successful in this position:
• Experience developing regulatory strategies globally
• Experience and knowledge of bid defence meetings
• Experience leading global regulatory projects
• Client facing experience
What the role requires you to have:
• Bachelor's degree or advanced degree preferred, or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
• Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job
• Knowledge of the global clinical trials landscape
• Proven project management experience, and experience performing effectively in a client facing role
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent command of the English language (written and oral) as well as local language where applicable
• Excellent attention to detail and quality as well as excellent editorial/proofreading skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment and act as a liaison with other departments
• Advanced computer skills including the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point; capable of learning new technologies
• Strong organizational, time management, and planning skills to create and follow timelines, conduct long-range planning, adapt to changing priorities and handle multiple projects
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Capable of working independently and exercising independent judgment to assess sponsor regulatory needs and work with project team members to producing compliant deliverables
• Excellent understanding of global/regional/national country requirements/regulatory affairs procedures for clinical trial authorization; expert knowledge of ICH and other global regulatory guidelines
• Excellent analytical, investigative and problem-solving skills
• Understanding of budgeting and forecasting
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We've grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer's trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world's most urgent health needs, then please submit your application - we'd love to hear from you.
As we are likely to receive many applications, sometimes we are unable to provide feedback to everyone.