Drug Safety Physician
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Hobson Prior are looking for a Drug Safety Physician to join a drug discovery and development company who concentrates on developing antibody-based drugs for the treatment of inflammatory diseases, immune-related disorders and cancer. This is a permanent position based in Basel.
- Responsible for all aspects of safety related to products in development, including individual case assessment, aggregate reporting, signal detection, risk management throughout the life cycle.
- To support the Clinical team in bringing the safety expertise in interaction with Heath Authorities, Data Monitoring Committees and Investigators.
- Accountable for overall signal detection, monitoring, evaluation, interpretation and appropriate management of safety information.
- Review, contribute and provide medical and safety expertise for investigator brochures, protocols, informed consent, CRFs, clinical study reports, briefing books and other safety related documents.
- Contribute to the design of the clinical development plan throughout the development of the product.
- You will be a core member of the Project Team and the Drug Safety representative with other functions and departments as required.
- Robust communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Able to effectively work in interdisciplinary teams and meet timelines.
- Ability to successfully leverage external partnerships.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and able to operate in a quickly changing environment.
- Excellence in written and spoken English.
- Doctor of Medicine degree is required.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in the drug safety environment of pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry with expertise in all phases of drug development are required.
- Solid scientific background and clinical development knowledge, experience and ability to interpret clinical study safety information is required.
- Knowledge of international safety regulations (primarily ICH-GCP, EU and FDA regulations) is required.
- A background in Immunology/Autoimmune diseases and/or Oncology would be an advantage.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.