Senior Scientist/Group Lead - Immunoassay Development
- Experience Level
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Scientist or Team Leader (the difference between the two job titles relates to additional line management responsibilities) with a strong immunology background to join our Transnational Research team.
The Scientist/Team Leader will act as the first point of contact for the development, validation, technical transfer and troubleshooting of immunoassays (including pharmacokinetic, immunogenicity/ADA, biomarkers and others as required). The Scientist/Team Leader will work with research and clinical teams to develop and oversee assays that will be used for internal developmental work or placed at Contract Research Organisations (CROs). The Scientist/Team Leader should be proactive, inquisitive and a self-starter who is eager to learn and thrives in fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will have pharmaceutical industry or CRO experience with knowledge of relevant global health authority guidelines and industry practices relating to assay development and validation. Excellent communication practiced through oral, written and presentation skills is required.
The position will be based in central London.
- Develop, validate, transfer and troubleshoot immunoassays internally and at contract research organisations
- Provide scientific oversight to contracted immunoassays including review of validation protocols and reports.
- Complete projects and prepare reports appropriate for internal or external parties within agreed timelines.
- Represent Translational Research within multidisciplinary project teams
- Evaluate new assay technologies and other applications for improved performance and efficiency of laboratory outputs.
- Prepare presentations and represent research internally and externally.
- Maintain awareness of current developments in the field through comprehensive reading of the literature and attendance at appropriate scientific meetings.
- May assist in the preparation of internal documents and regulatory submissions, including authoring (under supervision)
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures and maintain a high standard of experimentation and record keeping
- For the Team Leader job title, line management responsibilities
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with a wide range of biochemical immunoassays. Expertise in immunogenicity-related and/or complement-related immunoassays is an advantage.
- Experience of working with samples obtained from clinical trials.
- Experience with bioanalytical method development, validation and troubleshooting of immunoassay techniques including multiplex approaches e.g. Luminex or MSD platforms and/or ADA assays.
- Demonstrate scientific creativity, critical thinking, and analytical problem-solving skills, with a strong track record of research productivity
- Experience with regulatory guidelines and/or working in a GxP compliant environment.
- Experience of biomarker development and analysis of clinical samples
- Excellent collaboration, communication and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems.
- Ph.D. in a Biological Science (e.g., Immunology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Bioanalytical or a related field) and over 4 years of relevant experience within the Biotech/ pharmaceutical/CRO sector.
Apply for Senior Scientist/Group Lead - Immunoassay Development
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly