- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
At PRA, we know that our people are our greatest strength, so we work hard to hire the very best.
If you join our team, you can expected to be challenged, rewarded and nurtured.
We have a dynamic and loyal workforce, a culture that values individuality and innovation and an ongoing commitment to employee growth and development. The result? A dynamic and loyal workforce who take pride in the their work on clinical development which changes lives.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to be dedicated to one of our global pharmaceutical clients, a company creating new possibilities in medicine to cure diseases and improve people’s lives. You will be part of a team that works towards transforming the lives of people with serious diseases, their families and society.
The Data Scientist is instrumental to generate insights related to clinical trial sites and patients. He/She will use extensive internal and external data with appropriate analysis methods to support feasibility assessments, operational planning and monitoring KPI/Metrics. Key tasks include defining data requirements, conducting searches, consolidating data, developing analysis frameworks and supporting analysis.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining and updating the Clinical Trial Site Analytics Tool using varieties of internal and external sources.
- Site list upload and management
- Standardization and cleaning of site data
- Administration and maintenance of the tool
- Development and implementation of new features in close collaboration with vendor
- Support and training of users
- Supports the feasibility survey analysis
o Generates an initial list of potential investigators and country allocation and site distribution based on past performances, competitive intelligence, availability of patients, incidence and prevalence, standard of care, organizational strategy and other relevant metrics
o Sets up Clinical Trial Site Analytics Tool to get country feedback on site list. Consolidates country feedback and updates the master site list
o Sets up and handles administration of online surveys. Provides study specific survey status reports.
o Consolidates, cleans and analyses survey responses and external vendors feedback to formulate data driven and informed protocol and site feasibility recommendations
- Ensures high quality of all outputs, follows existing quality control processes and actively contributes to improving them
- Facilitates continuous processes improvement as well as accurate and timely decision making using a combination of technical skills and problem-solving mindset
- Works in close interactions with functions within Clinical Development Organization, especially Feasibility Strategists and other related R&D functions (e.g. Regulatory, Market Access, Business Development, and provider of business and competitive intelligence)
To succeed in this role, you have to have:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Data Sciences, Statistics, Mathematics or Computer Science
- Ability to define the internal and external data requirements to conduct data driven feasibility, design research methodology to conduct primary and secondary research
- Ability to build/select appropriate analysis techniques and summarize the results
- Flexibility to work on different studies/projects, reporting to different functions.
- Fluent English skills, both written and spoken
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills in a global virtual environment
- Ability to execute his/her responsibilities with knowledge, accuracy, persistence, resilience and creativity seeking to work both independently and collaboratively
- Basic excel skills, coding/programing training/experience (Python, R, SQL)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good visualization skills a bonus
Your health, your family, your career, your money — the things that matter to you, matter to us. The benefits of PRA just get better and better.
PRA is an EEO/AA employer and is committed to providing opportunities to minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Apply for Data Scientist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Clinical Research £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Finland
- Clinical Research Scientist £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Finland
- Data Management / Statistics £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Finland
- Data Analyst £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Finland