Clinical Trials Associate
- Experience Level
We have a new opening for a clinical specialist to join our dedicated clinical trials team based in the London Bridge area, supporting Research Physicians and working directly with volunteers investigating innovative new therapies. You will be working on early phase trials mainly with healthy volunteers, but may also be involved with later phase, patient oriented trials.
Some exposure to or experience of performing clinical procedures such as blood sampling (phlebotomy), taking ECG readings, taking vitals and height and weight measurements, spirometry, etc, would be preferred. This role will, therefore, most likely suit life sciences graduates or qualified nurses, paramedics or pharmacists who are keen to gain experience in clinical research. Other key responsibilities will include ward rounds, ward maintenance, volunteer support, document management etc. Considerable training is provided and candidates will be expected to pass assessments covering the key skills in order to maintain these at a high standard.
- Life Sciences Graduate ( or Nursing / healthcare qualifications)
- Excellent communication skills and an engaging manner
- High energy, proactive and enthusiastic
- High attention to detail
- Available to work shifts (early, standard, late, night) including occasional weekends
- Customer service or hospitality sector experience would be attractive
- Successful candidates will need to pass DBS checks
- Clinical - phlebotomy, ECG, vitals etc - training in all procedures provided
- Documentation - study specific documents, from point of collection to quality checking
- Sample collection - efficient, safe collection of samples from volunteers including accurate labelling and management
- Volunteer support - looking after the needs and monitoring the safety of volunteers within the ward environment - ILS training provided
- Ward maintenance - ensuring the wards are clean, tidy and properly stocked for the care of volunteers
- Queries - raising queries and assisting in the resolution of queries to ensure study requirements are delivered appropriately
As well as working daily with volunteers, CTA's will need to interact effectively with all other departments internally and provide an efficient service to support the delivery of clinical trials. You will need to familiarise yourself with all SOP's for working within the business, as well as all of the details specific to the trials you will be working on. This is a physically demanding and intellectually challenging role and represents an excellent opportunity to learn and develop a comprehensive range of clinical and scientific skills. Development will incorporate all elements of working in a clinical environment including QC and scheduling and will lead to progression along a clinically specialised career path.
Shifts are worked on a rota basis. You will be site based. It is necessary, therefore, that you are able to commute easily to the unit as required. Staff are tested regularly and with high frequency for Covid-19. Protective equipment is provided.
Generous salary and benefits, including pension, private health care (including dental), life assurance, employee support, cycle to work scheme.
If you are interested in the role, please follow the link to our Bamboo HR candidate system and register your details, including a copy of your CV. Please note, while we try to respond to every candidate, the high volume of applications anticipated may make this impossible and we ask for your patience and understanding. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of making your application, please assume that you have not bee successful on this occasion.
More searches like this
- Clinical Research £20,000 - £29,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Clinical Research Associate £20,000 - £29,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Clinical Research Nurse £20,000 - £29,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Clinical Trials Manager / Administrator £20,000 - £29,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Healthcare £20,000 - £29,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in London (Greater)