Associate Director - Market Access
- Experience Level
- Senior Management
Associate Director Market Access - Munich
The Associate Director Market Access Germany is able to develop the market access and pricing strategy, with success measured by accelerating broad access to patients for my clients innovation.
This individual will have to develop strong internal relationships within my client as well as externally with relevant HTA bodies (G-BA, IQWiG etc.) and other key stakeholders.
The Associate Director Market Access Germany will be responsible for leading and managing the processes and content for successful pricing and reimbursement process in Germany (AMNOG).
The Associate Director Market Access Germany closely works together with the head of Market Access Europe and is expected to play a pivotal role across the local Commercial and R&D organization, integrating the payer perspective in research, clinical development, and commercial activities and leading payer value and access optimization strategy and implementation for Germany
Finally, the Associate Director should train and support the Commercial customer-facing team to handle discussions on price, cost-effectiveness and budget impact at account level.
- Plan, develop, and implement strategies to sustain and appropriately optimize pricing, access, and reimbursement to customers in Germany.
- Develop sustainable external communication strategies to support and accelerate market access.
- Form a HTA and stakeholder network and accentuate key market access messages.
- Work with counterparts in other departments at my client, especially with national sales team, to ensure alignment of strategy and consistent messages with regard to pricing and reimbursement.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders and vendors to ensure timely development of Value Dossiers; this includes managing complex matrix of internal stakeholders and external vendors.
- Set the strategic direction and drives the implementation of activities and programs to ensure pricing and reimbursement in Germany.
- Partner closely with the Global and Regional HEOR function to develop and ensure HEOR programs support the above strategies and engage stakeholders to facilitate pricing, reimbursement and uptake. Identify and resolve gaps in company knowledge/insight and ensure alternative sources of data and insight are commissioned, delivered and folded into HTA strategy.
- Provide German market access evaluations in support of business development initiatives. Provide key support on understanding the value proposition and articulating value
- Collaborate across Brand Teams, Medical Affairs, Finance, Market Research, Legal, Government Affairs, and other functional teams, to develop strategies that reflect all relevant current and projected market dynamics.
- Ensure that my client can proactively navigate the relevant systems to obtain the broadest possible patient access in line with company pricing strategy and guidelines.
- Ensure commercial customer-facing teams have necessary level of knowledge and tools to discuss value.
- Perform other duties as assigned by country Business Lead.
Qualifications & Competencies
- University undergraduate degree as a minimum; higher qualifications (MD, PhD, MBA) advantageous.
- At least 5 years’ experience in German and/or Austrian National Level Market Access and significant other experience within Pharmaceutical Industry Marketing and/or Sales.
- Significant experience working with payers at all levels (National/Regional/Account) in the arena of specialized/rare/orphan diseases and High Cost Drugs in the German / Austrian market.
- Be a functional expert on the German AMNOG Pricing & Reimbursement System and subtending structures and systems.
- Track record of delivering High Cost Drug AMNOG procedures and achieving Access at all levels across Germany. Deep understanding of the biopharmaceutical arena in specialty therapeutics.
- Demonstrated success in a small but fast growing, entrepreneurial commercial environment.
- Well-developed analytical and strategic skills with an entrepreneurial insight and a pragmatic approach.
- Sophisticated communication, management and leadership skills, as well as a level of comfort at influencing and negotiating both within and outside an organization are a prerequisite.
- Proven ability of successfully managing complexity across multi-functional reports and building strong relationships.
- A strong business orientation and the ability to view issues from multiple functional perspectives, whilst managing organizational ambiguity.
- Makes things happen: has the right level of implementation skills, and is ready to be hands-on with pricing activities, and with market access activities on small countries where additional support is required.
- The courage to challenge accepted trends.