Senior Scientist - Immunology - Assay Development
- Experience Level
My Client, a growing T-Cell therapy firm in London is currently looking to expand it's Non-Clinical team by recruiting a Senior Scientist with a background in human and murine immunology.
- Responsible for the implementation of a broad range of novel assay development (in vitro human and ex vivo murine).
- Support in vivo assay development workstream by working closely with peers to deliver results as a team
- Excels in independent judgement and informed decision-making.
- Initiates new scientific projects or methodologies. Is responsible for the delivery of projects and studies as designated
- Interprets results, evaluates data, and draws relevant conclusions. Designs and implements subsequent experiments within the framework of corporate priorities.
- Develops and oversees objectives for lab unit
- Contributes to the work plan and timelines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and cross-functionally
- Plans and coordinates activities of reports to meet departmental requirements
- Responsible for documentation for scientific methods and products (e.g., SOP’s) within team.
- Acts as an expert consultant and scientific resource for others in the department
- Present and defend scientific data rationale. Make proposals for future experiments and project direction.
- Maintains a high-level of professional expertise through familiarity with scientific literature and best industry practices
- Manages activities of technicians, research associates, scientist Level I and Scientist Level II
- Complies with standard lab practices and company policies
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- An expert in immunology and one of gene engineering/CAR-T/regulatory T cells/inflammation.
- Previous leadership and managing experience
- Experience in human in vitro assay development and ex vivo assay development.
- Ability to interpret complex data, implement new work methods
- Proven record of completing complex projects
- Previous In vivo assay design would be desirable
- Molecular biology – T cell gene engineering, cloning strategies, primer design and pre-clinical workstreams in biotech experience would be beneficial
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- MD/ PhD in relevant scientific discipline with +5 years academic or industry related experience
- T-cell receptor signalling experience would be advantageous
- Well-versed in a wide array of relevant laboratory techniques and experience in their use
- Development and/or use of cutting-edge technologies (e.g., organoids)
For a full job spec and confidential conversation please get in touch ASAP!
Apply for Senior Scientist - Immunology - Assay Development
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly