Director- Operations and Client Services
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Director, Operations & Client Services
Responsible for the development and execution of day-to-day site operations, alignment to strategic imperatives and both employee and client satisfaction. Represents Operations on core business committees. Takes leadership role on cross-functional business committees. Represents Operations during due diligence, RFP, finalist, and implementation activities. Plays key role in integration activities by providing current and target state operations architecture. Mentors all team members to ensure a strong core of business and technology awareness within the organization. Drives speed to market for new products and operational innovations while partnering effectively with the cross-functional business partners to establish best practices between functional areas. Leverages technologies & ideas that deliver growth value to the business. Responsible for leading the overall effort to implement new product offerings into UBC’s Patient Support Services. Interfaces closely with Sales and Product Innovation Teams to manage the product pipeline and ensure operational alignment to market demands.
Requires the creation, implementation and maintaining of an Operations Excellence Roadmap for the particular PSS Site. Must maintain solid communications with both Program and Sales leadership to ensure that the entire enterprise is being supported. Must maintain solid collaborative working relationship between Operations and all cross-functional specialty teams. Proactive collaboration with internal partners and stakeholders to integrate Operations strategic plans, projects and milestones with other dependant functions and support areas, as required. Working closely with product management to develop NPVs for potential product offerings, particular on how operational impacts effect margin targets. Sets relative priority for program implementations based potential ROI of programs in the pipeline.
Specific job duties:
- Development and execution of operations alignment strategy. Represents Operations on core business committees. Takes leadership role on cross-functional business committees. Advise Operations leadership on business opportunities
- Apply in-depth knowledge of business and Operations to validate cost-benefit analysis of enterprise initiatives.
- Represents Operations during due diligence activities. Coordination integration activities by developing current and target operations state architecture
- Assessing and quantifying all operational impacts that occur as a result of any program awards, termination or material changes. This includes interfacing with PSS Peers, Sales/Business Development, Legal, Finance, Human Resources and all impacted business areas.
- Leading the change management effort within the operational areas as required to support new product implementations. This includes coordination of training requirements, communication planning, and interfacing closely with IT to establish requirements and timelines for necessary system enhancements.
- Developing and Maintaining operational performance measures for product offerings. Works closely with Operational Analytics and Six Sigma resources to measure success and tie back to original NPVs.
- Advise, recommend and justify critical architectural decisions to Sr. Leadership
- Mentors enterprise architects to ensure a strong core of business and technology awareness within the organization
1 – 3 Direct Reports
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline or 16 – 20 years of equivalent experience
- 10-14 years relevant experience or Master’s degree with 8-12 years relevant experience
- Registered Nurse License in good standing in the state in which you work and/or cross-licensed in other states
- General Knowledge of Microsoft OS – XP and MS Office
- Excellent Leadership, planning and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex Solve issues with innovative solutions
- Extremely detail oriented
- Strong customer services focus
- Broad multidisciplinary background in Operations Planning and Execution
- Strategic thinker with ability to formulate plans, strategies, and outcomes
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work environment and make independent decisions
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts and rapidly absorb technical information required
- Ability to influence senior leadership as well as external entities
- Ability to leverage technical competency to deliver business value
United BioSource Corporation (UBC) is a leading provider of pharmaceutical support services, partnering with life science companies to make medicine and medical products safer and more accessible. Our services support the full lifecycle of medicine and medical products, including development, commercialization, and long-term value and safety.
While UBC offers employment within Patient Support, Nursing, Pharmacy and Corporate, two main focus areas for the company are Clinical Development & Research and Safety & Risk Management. Members of the Clinical Development and Research teams help evaluate study protocol, target study population, recruit physicians and patients, and collect, clean, validate and report data. As a result, sponsors are able to submit findings to regulatory authorities or make a no-go decision in a timely and clear-cut manner. Additionally, our Safety and Risk Management teams develop, deliver, and report evidence to reinforce safe and appropriate product use.
Through our Patient Access services, we help patients begin therapy quickly and remain on therapy, building strong relationships with patients to ensure optimal care.
You can find out more by visiting