Director, Search, Evaluation and Business Development
- Experience Level
DIRECTOR SEARCH, EVALUATION & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Our client is a very impressive biotech that has already secured a number of partnerships with top 20 global Pharmaceutical companies thanks to their innovative technology platform that has seen extremely promising data from their pre-clinical and clinical studies!
You will be supporting search & evaluation of partnering and sourcing of new therapeutic opportunities and partnership opportunities that are consistent with the company’s scientific and business strategy.
- Evaluation of partnering opportunity landscape
- Lead or support collaboration discussions with academia/biotech to access biological/clinical expertise or complementary technology
- Search and evaluation of external partnering opportunities
- Actively scout for new partnering opportunities by networking with biotech and pharma and represent the business at various scientific and business development conferences
- Identifying innovative scientific opportunities and finding novel ways to work with the best external partners that can help bring the next wave of innovative medicine to transform the lives of patients
- Evaluate opportunities to determine technical and scientific merits, soundness of the business case, and coherence to the technology scouting and company strategies
- Prepare project proposals needed to secure approvals from the company governance body in order to enter into partnership or investment deals with collaborators
- Document findings from scouting activities in the common database and effectively sharing with peers and facilitating knowledge management
- Combination of a scientific background with business know-how and excellent communication skills. In addition, an ability to engage and collaborate across boundaries with an entrepreneurial attitude and delivery focus is key.
- PhD or MD and post-doc experience
- Proficiency in English, other language skills would be an asset
- Understanding of deal making and successful collaborations
- Experience in biotech or pharma drug discovery and early clinical environment
- Experience of enabling successful internal and external academic, biotech or pharma collaborations, demonstrating cultural sensitivity and awareness
- Able to build external networks, publish and communicate science in an engaging and inspiring way
- Seek external influence and encourage smart risk taking
- Entrepreneurial and innovation driven leadership abilities in a biomedical environment
- Proficient in Word & PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of competitive intelligence databases.
- Encourage individual responsibility and initiative and work actively to anticipate and/or remove obstacles for oneself and others
- Be visible, communicative and enable excellent collaboration
- Apply a broad perspective and actively engage with others to develop solutions
Permanent / full-time
Homebased in EU (including Switzerland and UK)
- If you would like to discuss this vacancy further or to discuss your career options in confidence, please contact Sam Chapple on +44 (0) 203 868 8607 or e-mail on email@example.com
- If this role is not suitable for you, please let us know if you can refer anyone – any recommendations are much appreciated! Planet Pharma offers a competitive referral scheme so you will be rewarded for your help!
ABOUT PLANET PHARMA
Planet Pharma is an American parented Employment Business/Agency that provides global staffing services with its head-quarters in Chicago and our EMEA regional office located in Central London. We have invested significantly in creating a robust international platform that enables us to work compliantly in 30+ countries with a current network of 2500+ active contractors globally as well as a very strong permanent / direct hire recruitment offering.
Our specialist knowledge and close relationships with our clients and the wider industry really makes us unique in our field. Just recently we were recognised by FORBES as the 17th best professional staffing firm, and have won multiple awards from industry accredited bodies for our commitment to excellence and service delivery. We have extensive functional expertise including: Regulatory Affairs, Pharmacovigilance, QA, QC, Submissions experts, Clinical development, Quality, Biostatistics, and Medical Affairs / Writing.
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Apply for Director, Search, Evaluation and Business Development
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly