Purification Development Scientist (Large Scale)- 12 Month FTC
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Purification Development Scientist (Large Scale) - 12 Month FTC
Salary & Benefits Competitive
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines! Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality!
Has a good understanding of the range of procedures relating to the unit. Proficient in trouble shooting and theory. Possesses a general understanding of other specialisms within the research area. Typically Graduate.
This position in the Purification Process Sciences (PPS), large scale team will be responsible for the delivery of large scale mammalian and microbial purification processes ranging from 50-1000L within the development scale up team in Cambridge. The post holder will contribute to the development, scale up and tech transfer, between sites and into manufacturing, of Bioprocesses for a range of antibody and other novel modalities
- Supplies to the plans and designs of analytical studies and provides general scientific advice on specific topics to the team
- Leads own work to ensure that agreed targets are met in a timely manner and to agreed quality standards, communicating progress appropriately
- Performs relevant experiments and interprets results based on a standard methodology
- May modify or improve processes and systems, depending on purpose of experiments
- Assesses and reports data, with little or no mentorship, in a clear and concise manner, with a clear understanding of its implications within the overall context of drug development
- Discusses and defends the findings of experiments at follow-up meetings, or corresponding forums
- Provides technical instruction to the team and allocates administrative work where possible
- Liaises with colleagues from other disciplines with the purpose of discussing project-related matters, sharing experiences and reporting progress
- Develops own level of proficiency by reading articles, collaborating with peer scientists or through contacts by other internal groups
- Searches for information which may improve research methodology and procedures
- Ensures that work is performed in accordance with appropriate Safety, Health & Environment (SHE), quality and compliance standards, e.g. Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Experience with large scale continuous centrifugation and/or
- Experience with large scale depth filtration
- Experience with other large scale downstream process operations e.g. Chromatography, TFF
- Graduate or experienced non-graduate
- Understanding of the principles and concepts associated with own subject/specialist area and an appreciation of the relevant science and literature
- Problem-solving skills related to data analysis
- Understanding of the basic principles and concepts in a broad range of technology, or substantial experience in a narrower field of technology
- Understanding of compliance systems
- Good communication skills
- Experience supporting CMC development programs
- Experience with Tech transfer of processes between facilities.
- Understanding of range of subject areas within R&D
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry
Open Date 12/02/2021
Close Date 12/03/2021
As part of the application process for some roles at AstraZeneca, candidates may be asked to complete a series of online games, created by pymetrics, to assess certain candidate qualities to help evaluate potential match for the position. If the pymetrics process applies to this role, you will receive an email invitation with additional information following application. Pymetrics will not be used solely in our decision-making process but will help us gather additional insight.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.