Senior Project Director - Real World & Late Phase - Spain
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Here at Syneos Health we are currently looking for an experienced Project Director to work in our Real World and Late Phase Business Unit in Europe.
In this dedicated team, we help our customers generate the right evidence to make the best clinical decisions and maximize return on investment. We believe in order to do this it is important to understand the purpose of the data and the need for a flexible approach with study designs, and match this with the right technology and dedicated operational staff.
If you are a Project Director with proven experience and are keen to work for an expanding area of the business and work with some key client accounts in a Top 3 Global CRO, then this could be the role for you.
The position is responsible for oversight of the conduct of a program or portfolio of clinical studies. The portfolio may comprise studies for specific customers, and/or a group of studies within the same therapeutic area or indication for more than one customer.
Provides oversight to Project Managers (PMs) who are managing projects ranging in size and complexity from single service studies to large full scope, multiple protocol projects, global projects and/or portfolio of projects. This includes managing the scope of work, objectives, quality deliverables, resources, risks and other project management activities.
The Senior Project Director will also lead the operational contribution to proposal development and business development activities at a project level. They will also provide input at a more strategic level as appropriate directly applying their therapeutic and/or operational expertise.
As Senior Project Director, the incumbent will operate at a high level of competency with minimal oversight. They will also make a significant contribution to the leadership of the organization.
· Oversee a portfolio or program of projects.
· Ensure all studies within a program or portfolio are conducted to reflect the therapeutic or client specific requirements.
· Represent the company to the customer, ensuring satisfaction levels are maintained and program deliverables are communicated effectively.
· Ensures the study is progressing according to internal and Customer quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Clinical Practices (GCPs) or appropriate regulatory requirements, and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines to fulfil all federal and local regulations.
· Drives management of the executed contract and financial aspects of assigned projects, including reviewing study budgets and expenses.
· Maintains and evaluates project progress by maintaining timelines and other tracking/analysis tools.
· Ensure and maintain an in depth therapeutic and/or client specific knowledge and expertise for the assigned portfolio.
· Apply study specific learning across assigned portfolio of studies/clients.
· Lead and ensure consistency in contingency planning and risk mitigation strategies to ensure successful delivery.
· Lead operational input to proposal development and pricing including proposed operations strategy
· Drive performance improvement, operational efficiencies and innovative strategies
· Provide line management oversight and contribute to leadership of Project Management as an operational and therapeutic area expert
· Develop, translates and executes strategies or operational objectives for program or portfolio.
· Direct others to resolve highly complex or unusual business problems that affect major functions or disciplines.
· May plan, coordinate and present at internal and external meetings.
· BA/BSc in the life sciences, nursing degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree preferred.
· Strong knowledge of Good Clinical Practice/ICH guidelines and other applicable regulatory requirements, i.e GPP.
· Thorough knowledge of International Drug Development (i.e FDA) and Commercialization regulations and clinical project management procedures is necessary
· Strong organizational skills.
· Strong ability to manage time and work independently and collaboratively
· Direct therapeutic area expertise.
· Proficiency with full MS Office Applications, including MS Project
· Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal skills, both written and spoken, with an ability to inform, influence, convince, and persuade
· Ability to travel as necessary (approximately 25%)
If you have the required experience for this position and are eligible to work in the required location then please apply.
What happens next:
If your application is successful you will be contacted by one of our dedicated recruiters who will arrange a suitable date and time to speak to you further about this opportunity.
Why Syneos Health?
Join a game-changing company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies, INC Research and inVentiv Health, we bring together more than 22,000 clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get biopharmaceutical therapies into the hands of patients who need them most.
To find out more about our company and search and apply for other open jobs please visit the Careers section of our website.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees