Sample Management Coordinator (12 month fixed term contract)
- Experience Level
- Entry level
Our employees are able to develop their careers in exciting new medical technologies, and so can you.
Oxford BioMedica’s Analytical Services Group supports the development of products through analytical testing to facilitate manufacturing and process development, ensuring appropriate quality controls and use of analytics.
We are currently recruiting for a Sample Management Coordinator to join the team for a twelve month fixed term contract. The purpose of this support role is to receive, store, issue, pack, ship, organise and dispose of samples in a controlled manner.
Your responsibilities in this role would be:
- Daily Issuing of QC batch release and Stability samples and ensure appropriate paperwork / logbooks are completed
- Receiving and logging in samples from manufacturing sites, ensuring condition of shipment checked, samples are logged in and stored appropriately
- Prepare outgoing shipments for internal and external testing
- Support management of critical reagents used in assays (e.g. control materials, oligoniucleotides)
- Ensure timely disposal of samples to ensure freezer space does not become limiting
- Support ASG document management processes (incl QC Checking of maintenance forms and equipment files) when required to ensure paperwork is scanned, filed and archived in a timely manner.
- Supporting maintenance and compliance of the ASG GxP Controlled Temperature Units's.
- Ensure a high standard of record keeping and documentation
- Ensure all samples are checked, logged in and stored appropriately
- Any discrepancies with shipments are noted and dealt with in a timely manner
- Issue QC test and stability samples to Scientists according to sample lists generated by QC Managers
- Support the management of the control material inventory and communicate low stock in a timely manner
- Prepare outgoing shipments to sub-contractors to meet batch release timelines
- Prepare and check shipping documentation and sample submission forms
- Ensure all shipping paperwork is QC checked and filed in a timely manner
- Reconciliation of QC test and stability samples completed post batch release
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to a minimum of GCSE or equivalent qualification level, or experience gained within a similar work place and position
- Problem solving skills to help identify way forward when issues arise
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly organised and motivated with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
Do you want to feel inspired every day? We’re future-focused and our business is growing rapidly. We succeed together through passion, commitment and team work, and so can you.
Collaborate. Contribute. Change lives
No agencies please