Manager, Business Development, Manufacturing
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
We drive credible science to realise incredible results, and so can you.
Oxford Biomedica’s business development team works directly with prospective and current partners to provide strategic solutions enabling them to deliver life-changing gene therapy products to patients
We are currently recruiting for a Manager, Business Development, Manufacturing to join the team. The purpose of this role is to represent OXB in UK and Europe, identifying potential partners for our viral vector CDMO services and for the LentiVector platform. You will participate in negotiations and conclude contracts with new partners.
Your responsibilities in this role would be:
- Approach companies and participate in negotiations with new Pharma and Biotech customers.
- Coordinate with BD Ops colleagues on preparation of proposals to win new business, as well as licensing term sheets in coordination with VP BD, Manufacturing.
- Achieve ambitious goals for on-boarding of new customers and projects.
- Make, regularly update and execute plans to identify new prospects, engage with them, negotiate and sign license and supply agreements with new customers.
- Maintain relationship with customers, fostering customer loyalty and seek and secure additional work from existing customers where possible.
- Provide regular input to team colleagues on customer requirements and competitors.
- Ensure all opportunities are logged in the CRM system. Curate lists of potential customers and projects for the whole BDEV team to focus efforts on.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Professional qualification (Batchelor’s or Masters) in the life sciences or business; PhD and/or MBA also welcome
- Previous experience in life sciences companies, pharmaceutical companies, CDMOs or related sectors
- Some experience in business development and/or sales & marketing roles for B2B business, preferably in the pharmaceutical services sector
- A confident self-starter who is goal oriented and ambitious, who likes pro-actively contacting companies to determine if they fit as a future customer.
- Desire to learn on the job from more senior colleagues and to progress through the organisation
- Experience preferred of the emerging cell & gene therapy CDMO sector
Do you want to feel inspired every day? We’re future-focused and our business is growing rapidly. We succeed together through passion, commitment and team work, and so can you.
Collaborate. Contribute. Change lives
No agencies please