Director, Software Development
- Experience Level
- Senior Management
IQVIA’s EMR Factory is a state-of-the-art Big Data platform that integrates, curates and standardizes complex Electronic Medical Records across countries and enables new insights into patient pathways. And for this position, you will be at the heart of it!
Besides this you will manage Teams working on AIML and other Real World Tech Solutions, grow and develop the teams and individuals.
You will manage the complete team who are responsible for end-to-end delivery of the architectural solutions organized in scrum. There will be much collaboration between technical and business teams, plus you will lead the most crucial elements which make the team successful; evaluating new tools and technology, cultivating the development of each individual, and hiring more great people to join them!
In this role, you can expect to;
- Manage the Development teams in all aspects of organisation to increase their productivity and maintain team morale as well as help the team achieve stakeholder expectations
- Coordinate the day to day activities of development teams to ensure high quality, accurate and timely deliverables which meet stakeholder requirements.
- Develop, build up and optimises a Management Framework for all aspects of people management like performance tracking based on facts and figures, trainings and personal development plans, recruiting high skilled talent, work on attractiveness of jobs and work location, retention plans, etc.
- Ensure establishment of open communication channels within teams, help scrum masters facilitate coordination between teams to improve team velocities and establish a culture of collaboration.
- Collaborate with other development hubs within the Real-World Solutions (RWS) Technology pillar, Management and Peers to drive process improvement and standardization across all pipelines
- Work closely with scrum development teams, agile operations and Business Unit stakeholders to ensure new capabilities are seamlessly integrated with no impact on existing deliverables.
This role presents a unique opportunity to join Real-World Solutions (RWS) Technology at IQVIA; the market leader in healthcare Big Data - a fast-growing and highly successful business, delivering tangible business results to clients across healthcare value chain globally, working with key decision-makers and business managers. Focused on healthcare treatment patterns and outcomes to make more informed decisions, we deliver a series of scalable or SaaS infrastructure to a variety of healthcare organizations.
- Experience of directly managing software development teams in an international context
- Experience or interest in cutting-edge and trending tools and technologies
- Experience in Implementing, running and improving Agile Scrum Methodology
- Proven soft skills to people-manage teams, with the ability to solve conflicts and to moderate organisational improvements
- Ability to communicate complex challenges succinctly to stakeholders with limited technical expertise avoiding technical jargon
- Ability to work on own initiative and to work under pressure
- Previous experience in technical healthcare sector is an advantage.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, and a variety of training and development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
IQVIA is a strong advocate of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success.
We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.