Senior Manager, Business Development Operations
- Experience Level
- Senior Management
We drive credible science to realise incredible results, and so can you.
Oxford Biomedica’s business development team works directly with prospective and current partners to provide strategic solutions enabling them to deliver life-changing gene therapy products to patients
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Manager, Business Development Operations to join the team. The purpose of this role is to establish and head up the Business Development Operations function within the team. In this senior level role, you will support success of the field-based BD team in signing new CDMO partnerships, split between licence & supply partnerships for the LentiVector platform, and for technology transfer projects.
Your responsibilities in this role would be:
- Working with BD team colleagues, the client program & alliance managers (CPAM) as well as subject matter experts within the company, develop a good understanding of our services and manufacturing offering, so as to be able to create, maintain and issue proposals for customer programmes.
- Own the proposal generation process from initial dialogue with the customer, to issuance and then potentially revision of the proposal and commercial offering, ensuring an understanding of the project and its deliverables with commercial aspects, such as pricing and business terms.
- Involvement in client presentations in order to gather information to support the generation of meaningful proposals.
- Track multiple proposals and work orders in development and in negotiation, as well as forecasting orders and revenues based on that tracking.
- Set, measure and report on KPIs for the department.
- Accountable for key meetings and, as “owner” of a number of key BD processes, will be required to organise and coordinate meetings with senior leadership team members and with the team
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Professional qualification (Batchelor’s or Masters) in life sciences or business
- Demonstrable experience in life sciences companies, pharmaceutical companies, CDMOs or related sectors
- Direct experience of managing the Business Development Operations function in other service-related companies and preferably within a C> or biologics CDMO
- Overall structure of process development and GMP manufacturing projects in Pharma & Biotech
- Structure and content of RFIs, RFPs and associated capabilities-based presentations
- Experience in managing customer relationship management (CRM) platforms such as Inova or Salesforce.com
- Financial and invoicing aspects of service-based partnerships
- Highly developed organisational skills, management experience valued and leadership/ project leadership management skills are required.
- Attention to detail
Do you want to feel inspired every day? We’re future-focused and our business is growing rapidly. We succeed together through passion, commitment and team work, and so can you.
Collaborate. Contribute. Change lives
No agencies please