Team Manager - Clinical Study Supply Chain
- Experience Level
At AstraZeneca, we are guided in our work by a strong set of values, and we're resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. By truly following the science, we pioneer new methods, new thinking and bring unexpected teams together. From scientists to sales, lab techs to legal, we're on a mission to turn ideas into life-changing medicines that transform lives. We need great people who share our passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world. If you're swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you're our kind of person.
Team Manager be a part of the Clinical Manufacturing & Supply organisation and responsible for leading, developing, and giving guidance to a team of Clinical Supply Study Leads and Clinical Supply Coordinators. The role holder will work in collaboration with other Team Managers to support delivery of products to our clinical studies.Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
- Development and performance management of the team and individuals
- Recruit and retain team members proactively anticipating changes in demand and skills required for the team
- Mentor and develop staff expertise in project, supply chain and risk management and ensure staff proficiency in all supply chain processes and systems
- Contribute to capacity planning of Global Clinical Supply Chain resources - analyse and forecast resource demand; develop solutions to short and medium-term changes in resourcing across the global project portfolio without compromising delivery
- Establish ways to improve flexibility and efficiency within team and global Supply Chain; supervise and track Supply Chain key performance indicators (KPI); share and incorporate Supply Chain best practice
- Develop strong operational relationships and ensure effective communication and collaboration with key partners - work with counterpart(s) in other sites / countries to ensure appropriate consistency and drive continuous improvement in business processes and standards.
- Act as change agents, driving consistent implementation and improvement of globally agreed supply chain standards and strategies
- Contribute actively to departmental leadership and global management networks
- Provide support and feedback to business process owners
- Lead or act as team member on improvement projects within own site and globally
- Accountable for the delivery of all projects assigned to their direct reports to agreed milestones and project strategies;- may be involved directly in resolving complex issues and risks
- Provide technical direction to projects as required
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a related subject or equivalent qualification or experience
- Leadership skills promoting engagement and empowerment of others in order to accomplish individual, team and organisational objectives
- Lean skills and capabilities to drive value creation and waste reduction
- Supply Chain Management skills
- Change management with a positive approach to the challenges of change for self, team and the business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, negotiation, collaboration and social skills
- Good problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Proven ability to set and manage priorities, resources, performance targets and project initiatives in a global environment
- Awareness of external regulations which impact the delivery of the Supply Chain; able to anticipate changes and interpret the impact on AZ Supply Chains; and able to advise team members and counterparts on other sites
- Experience required of working in the Pharmaceutical industry and preferably experience in clinical development and operations
- Leadership experience required either as a project or people manager
- Clinical Supply Chain experience
Next step - Apply today!
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.