Scientific Communication Manager/Director (896939-GB)
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
For our pharmaceutical clients in Switzerland we are constantly looking to connect with experienced professionals in several areas, including pre-clinical development, clinical research, medical affairs, regulatory affairs, etc.
One of the roles we often recruit for is a Scientific Communication Manager/Director. The major goal is to drive the scientific communication activities in different therapeutic areas using medical communication tools and programs as well as communicating data to physicians and other audiences to help transform clinical practices.
- Develop, design and execute medical communications strategy including core medical messages, publications and congress plans, multi-channel medical education programs, plan and execute advisory boards, medical projects to support medical affairs objectives and work with relevant agencies and stakeholders to ensure quality, focus and timely delivery;
- Responsible for the execution of medical education activities for internal and external audiences including congress presence, symposia, advisory boards and other scientific communication activities as defined in the Global Medical Plan for assigned products;
- Gather insight and work with relevant stakeholders to identify opportunities to take expert opinion and develop, design, implement solutions;
- Publication planning, drive the strategy and alignment with Medical Affairs and manage Medical Affairs publication budget;
- Work with appropriate agencies to lead specific activities in accordance with best practices and Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs);
- Bring functional expertise, consistency, and innovation to the project teams to optimally design and implement scientific communication activities and engagement with Therapeutic Areas Experts (TAEs).
Qualification, Experience and Key Competencies
- Swiss working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required;
- Scientific background with 4+ years of professional experience within the pharmaceutical/ biotechnology industry or related experience (preferably within a medical affairs and/or medical communication agency);
- Proven ability to translate complex scientific data into relevant communications to a diverse array of internal and external target audiences;
- Experience in driving scientific/medical advisory boards, independently manage medical education and medical communication projects, and manage healthcare professional (HCP) interactions;
- Proven abilities with a wide range of data/information: scientific/clinical, safety, legal/regulatory, medical writing, analytics, etc
- Experience in preclinical or clinical development, public policy, product marketing or scientific communications preferred;
- Fluency in English. Additional languages beneficial.