Laboratory Project Lead
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Our employees are able to develop their careers in exciting new medical technologies, and so can you.
Oxford Biomedica’s Process R&D team consists of experienced scientists and engineers that have extensive expertise in all aspects of upstream and downstream development. PR&D take processes from the laboratory “bench” scale and apply process expertise and engineering fundamentals for delivery to Manufacturing.
We are currently recruiting for a Laboratory Project Lead to join the team. The purpose of this role is to plan, coordinate and execute relevant actions to enable the efficient running and expansion of Process R&D laboratories. The position is working within the team and requires close coordination with the facilities team and other project leads, engineers and scientists across the functions
Your responsibilities in this role would be:
- Understands Process R&D needs and identifies ongoing project opportunities.
- Ensure projects are delivered within the agreed scope, timeline and budget.
- With Process R&D management support, define departmental requirements to meet strategy
- Liaise with contractors and technical experts within OXB to agree project plans and deliverables:
- Define laboratory space and equipment requirements
- Write user requirement specifications
- Review and approve engineering drawings / functional design specifications
- Carry out design risk assessments
- Coordinate SOP generation / updates
- Coordinate installation of equipment in lab and commissioning
- Develop project timelines and ensure project milestones are met (to generate revenue / avoid potential financial penalties). Monitor and drive project progress and where necessary make appropriate changes to ensure projects are delivered within the agreed scope, timeline and budget
- Ensure project risks are identified and communicated and effective mitigation actions are put in place.
- Provide project updates and performance data to Process R&D management and key stakeholders to enable effective decision-making
- Facilitate meetings, both internally (to include Process R&D representatives, engineering team and as required SHE, quality, LMT etc…) and with external contractors
- Provide regular project updates to key stakeholders
- Responsible for executing financial aspects of the project including forecasting, cost control etc.
- Coordinate Process R&D CAPEX planning and tracking for department
- Generate Purchase Requisitions for new equipment / facilities
- Accountable for own performance in alignment with group objectives and deadlines
- Work in accordance with the OXB quality management system
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- A-levels as a minimum requirement, Scientific Degree preferable
- Project Management qualification preferred
- High level of experience using Microsoft Excel and/or Microsoft Project or other relevant software
- Standard Project Management tools and techniques and the skills required for their effective utilisation
- Broad knowledge of specific company processes for development and delivery of scientific and IT process
- Strong technical understanding of the scientific area and practicalities of laboratory space planning and management
- Strong negotiating and analytical skills.
- Excellent understanding of regulatory requirements as applied to the laboratory, e.g. Safety/Good Laboratory/Clinical/Manufacturing Practice.
- Project Management experience.
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills;
Do you want to feel inspired every day? We’re future-focused and our business is growing rapidly. We succeed together through passion, commitment and team work, and so can you.
Collaborate. Contribute. Change lives.
No agencies please