In Vivo Pharmacology Lead
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Enara Bio™ (formerly known as Ervaxx) is a science-led company targeting the T-cell/cancer cell interface (the “immune synapse”) to develop new targeted cancer immunotherapies designed to treat a broad patient population. Our current focus is the development of novel T-cell therapies based on complementary and proprietary insights from interrogating the immune synapse from both angles – on the tumor side, a growing set of novel tumor-specific targets; and on the T-cell side, a set of robust T-cell receptors (TCRs) with potent tumoricidal activity.
Enara Bio was founded in 2016 and has been well funded to invest in the build out and growth of our proprietary discovery platform and our fantastic team. The company has offices in London, UK and laboratories in Oxford, UK.
Enara Bio is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and creative individual with expertise in cancer immunology and cell therapy to be a key driver in our preclinical research efforts to advance our best-in-class T-cell therapies for oncology. The qualified candidate is a highly motivated, interactive, and team-oriented individual that possesses the ability to work across a matrixed environment to provide technical and scientific in vivo expertise to advance drug discovery programs from target identification/validation through IND-enabling studies.
Reporting to the Head of Research, the In Vivo Pharmacology Lead will manage key relationships and develop detailed experimental plans with external CRO’s. In addition to that you will work closely with our internal team of scientists to develop in-vivo experiments.
- Design, coordinate and execute in vivo research studies to advance lead cell therapy development programs, including study planning, protocol design using advanced cell biology techniques, study execution, data analysis and study report writing.
- Assisting with the evaluation, optimization, and management of preclinical CROs with cell therapy-based in vivo oncology experience
- Effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams to support experimental plans and preclinical development goals.
- Coordinate sample analysis and data review.
- Deliver and present study outcomes.
- Contribute to and lead in vivo model development and characterization.
- Maintain good documentation practices with strong attention to detail.
- Develop detailed experimental plans for preclinical CROs as well as for internal supportive investigations
Qualifications and experience required
- Proficiency and hands-on experience with human xenograft and syngeneic cancer models as well as knowledge of more advanced PDX, immunology or humanized mouse models
- Experience with ex vivo cellular immunologic assays strongly preferred
- Experience with cell therapies is essential.
- Experience in progressing candidates through preclinical studies to IND is preferred
- Knowledge of and/or experience with GLP practices desirable
- At least 5 years’ experience in a small biotech environment strongly preferred
- Very strong understanding of development of animal models and general physiology in a drug discovery setting
- Enthusiastic mentor and leader with experience managing research scientists
- Highly organized and detail oriented with experience developing and executing on project plans and timelines, as well as budget management
- Extensive experience drafting detailed experimental plans and managing preclinical CROs
- Excellent communicator with exceptional verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
The Enara Bio team is driven to make a meaningful difference for people affected by cancer. Our culture is defined by our behavioural ethos:
- Act with unconditional positive regard and integrity
- Support each other to grow and develop
- Promote a collaborative, passionate and fun working environment
- Innovate by discussing issues, data and ideas openly
- Respect each other and value our diversity
- Embrace our shared goals and take ownership of our journey
We look for alignment with these values in all new team members.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in United Kingdom.
Enara Bio Limited is an equal opportunities employer.
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a benefits package including pension and health insurance.