Lead Legal Counsel - UK and EMEA
- Experience Level
- Senior Management
Lead legal business partner to the IQVIA UK business, representing legal within the UK business leadership and responsible for taking responsibility for strategic contacts and providing leadership and support for the enhancements to the UK and the EMEA contracting experience and supporting resolution of escalations with higher risk and complex deals across the EMEA legal team.
This role will have no direct reports and has a strong contracts focus with the person being expected to participate in a contract pool handling region wide contracts.
- Acting as navigator/triage support for, and counsellor to UK business leadership across legal function and subject matter experts in EMEA on higher value/complex/key strategic contracting escalations
- Become a legal subject matter expert and acting as a resource for regional lawyers in understanding key objectives/terms/risks/delivery model of the UK business offerings
- Ensuring legal training and best practices are disseminated to the UK businesses
- Accountability for adapting, driving and implementing acceptance and use of new legal templates, innovations and processes within the UK and EMEA
- Collaborate with the UK business leadership l to facilitate UK business goals and objectives
- Collaborate with regional lawyers to educate, train and communicate UK business goals and expectations of legal
- Actively work to align the legal objectives and UK business objectives collaboratively.
- Develop excellent relationships across the UK and EMEA
- Accountability for managing the “rules of engagement” of legal in a tactful and credible way
- Supporting UK business leadership in cross-functional initiatives to enhance UK contracting experience
- Become aligned on a regional basis for one or more IQVIA major clients
- Act as a team leader and “guru” within the EMEA legal team for the UK contracts and issues
- This role is intended to be a strategic partner to the UK business and is not intended to replace the important role/work carried out by regional lawyers that work with the business and other relevant stakeholders to handle the day-to-day legal needs of a particular matter in the UK.
Education skills and experience required
- Moderate PQE experience , must have worked within a Pharma, Life Science or Technology company if you have worked within Technology you must have had exposure to Life Science and Pharma clients
- strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent judgement with the ability to anticipate and identify issues.
- Ability to engage in complex problem solving
- Ability to earn the trust of the management team of the business
- Strong legal technical abilities
- Self-reliant, hard-working and results-orientated
- Ability to work effectively within all regional teams
- Culturally sensitive
- Effective and tactful in involving and passing to other disciplines/ managing parameters of legal involvement
- Right to work in the UK without Visa sponsorship
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.