Associate Scientist / Scientist (Research)
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
PsiOxus Therapeutics Ltd is an award-winning UK/US development stage biotechnology company developing novel therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, with a focus on immunotherapeutic approaches. We have a first- generation oncolytic virus and three transgene-expressing T-SIGn cancer gene therapy candidates in Phase I/II clinical development and are further developing our innovative platform technology and pipeline of new pre-clinical and research candidates.
We have an exciting new opportunity for an Associate Scientist / Scientist to join our Research team, supporting the generation and characterisation of novel oncolytic virus-based gene therapies for cancer, in a range of in vitro assays, using human primary cells and cell lines. This will include the design, setup and development of experimental systems and assays for investigating virus function and anti-tumour activity. The role will also involve the development and application of in vitro and ex vivo techniques to provide new data that can help guide the development, mechanistic understanding and scientific decision making for the progression of different projects.
Key areas of responsibility will include, but are not limited to:
- Support research activities in the design, set up and development of cell-based assays and experiments using human primary cells, immune cells and cell lines to investigate virus activity
- Taking a lead role in a subset of these studies, including directly designing and carrying out in vitro studies, as well as providing a supportive role in other team studies.
- Support in vitro characterisation of viruses through directly setting up, carrying out and analysing data from in vitro experiments
- Effectively and proactively communicate study designs/plans, data, interpretations/hypotheses as well as potential next steps in an appropriate and timely manner (both verbal and written) with manager and R&D team members
- Establish, document and maintain appropriate operating processes and procedures to ensure that research activities are carried out to appropriate standards of quality
- Ensure that the research responsibilities progress according to plan and decisions are adhered to.
- Provide input into day-to-day research operations
- Identify and utilise sources of expertise - internal or external - where appropriate
- Coordinate with other individuals within the team to achieve research aims and support broader R&D activities as needed.
- Adopt a strong team oriented and openly communicative approach to all activities, whilst working independently and proactively where appropriate.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual with a relevant life sciences degree plus experience in relevant academic or industrial research in the field of immunology.
Applicants must also have experience designing, documenting, implementing, in vitro and ex vivo cellular immunology studies. Experience of in vivo immunology, antibody-based immunoassays and molecular immunological approaches would also be desirable.
Candidates must have demonstrable strong and effective team and communication skills as well as flexibility in managing workloads across more than one activity and possess advanced problem-solving abilities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our team and become part of something very special. If you would like to apply please ensure you upload a covering letter as well as your CV, explaining to us why you are interested in this position. In return we offer a great working environment, an attractive remuneration package and a range of competitive benefits.
The closing date for applications is 26th February 2021, however applications will be evaluated in the order that they are received. You are therefore encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed via video conference.