Medical Science Liaison
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
An exciting role has become available for a Medical Science Liaison, to bring their scientific expertise to a pharmaceutical company. In this role you will drive medical and scientific credibility, becoming the voice of the patient in all situations. This role is based in Germany, with the option to work from home.
- Develop and execute the local MSL plan, which includes product launch activities, evidence generation, external expert engagement plan, medical education, publication and communication plan.
- Develop scientifically-based, professional relationships with local, regional, and national healthcare professionals to provide current medical and scientific education and information on our products and related diseases.
- Ensure that medical insights and medical/scientific field intelligence informs strategic planning at the local level
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the delivery of scientific services to both internal stakeholders and external healthcare professionals
- Respond to healthcare professional product enquiries to ensure focused and balanced clinical and scientific information that supports the appropriate use of our medicines and services.
- Establish and maintain contact with relevant medical, research and educational societies within assigned region as well as with Healthcare Professionals and other external experts.
- Demonstrate project leadership and management in and across field team and therapeutic area; including appropriate allocation and monitoring of local MSL budget.
- Participation in medical education for healthcare professionals through on-site / virtual presentations at healthcare facilities,
- Serve as medical experts within the Medical Office, and support other teams, such as the medical information team, with developing robust and high-quality responses to enquiries / standard responses
- Other activities that may be requested by line management to allow the effective execution of Medical Office responsibilities.
Skills and Requirements
- Formal Medical, Clinical or Scientific education and relevant MSL experience.
- Degree in medical/natural science (PhD, MD) is preferred.
- MSL experience strongly preferred within the health care industry
- Clinical trial experience with working knowledge of GCP is beneficial
- Experience with literature review, synthesis and analysis
- Experience in public presentation required
- Ability to organise and prioritise own work schedule
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.