Senior Scientist - Bioscience Renal in vivo
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Are you an experienced in vivo biologist with excellent in vivo experimental skills and great understanding of animal handling and care? Would you like to apply your expertise in a company that push the boundaries of science to turn ideas into life changing medicines? Join us to discover future treatment of Renal diseases!
At AstraZeneca we are led by science and driven by patients, it's at the heart of our every success. That is only possible when we all work together - we'll always make sure you're clear about how your role is connected to our wider mission to really show what science can do.
We are now recruiting an Senior Scientist with knowledge in in vivo experimental biology to join the Bioscience Renal in vivo team within the Early Cardiovascular, Renal and Metabolism (CVRM) therapeutic area. The position is placed at AstraZeneca's dynamic R&D site in Gothenburg, Sweden.
As Senior Scientist at the Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) department at AstraZeneca you will be part of a vibrant team that focus on finding new treatment options to patients with renal disease. In the in vivo team we work with various pre-clinical models and different drug modalities. You will take part of both model development, biomarker analysis as well as driving new targets. At AstraZeneca you will work together with experts from different functions and be part of project teams.
What you'll do
As a Senior Scientist in the Renal in vivo team you will:
- Independently design, plan and perform high quality in vivo experiments in rodent models of renal disease
- Develop large animal models for renal disease
- Identify and implement new models/assays relevant for renal disease area
- Analyse fluids for biomarker quantification
- Perform conceptual interpretation and presentation of generated data
- Act as Bioscience representative in projects
- Act as Target Champion, ie identify and develop new target ideas into projects
- Deliver data, presentations, reports and regulatory documents
- Show scientific leadership in areas associated with the role - renal pathology and pathophysiology - by presenting data internally and externally as well as writing manuscripts for publication in high quality journals
- Ensure that own work and work with others is performed according with appropriate safety, health and environment (SHE), qualify and compliance standards, e.g. General Laboratory Standard (GLS)
Essential for the role
- Experienced hands on in vivo biologist with a PhD in biology, physiology, pathology or medicine or other relevant area
- Extensive expertise in running in vivo experiments in rodents with experience in renal models
- Excellent experimental skills in the use of in vivo techniques and good understanding of practice of animal handling and care
- Flexibility & independence
- Educated and certified for in vivo experimentation
- Proven publication record
- Strong oral and written communication skills. English is essential, Swedish is appreciated but is not a requirement
Desirable for the Role
- Experience from biomarker identification in body fluids
- Expertise in renal physiology and/or pathology
- Experience from large animal work, eg pig models
- Experience from Pharmaceutical industry
So, what's next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you!
For more information about the position please contact Malin Jonsson Boezelman through +46 (0)31 7761000.
Welcome with your application no later than March 3, 2021
Where can I find out more?
Our Gothenburg site: https://www.astrazeneca.com/our-science/gothenburg.html
Life in Gothenburg: https://www.movetogothenburg.com/
Culture and atmosphere of the Gothenburg site: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6496327311678410752/
Our Gothenburg site is one of AstraZeneca's three strategic science centres. We thrive in a multinational environment working cross-functionally across the globe with AstraZeneca colleagues as well as academic and industry partners. Our way of life is to foster a working environment that nurtures, collaboration, openness and innovation. Therefore, we have created space for meetings, socializing and relaxation, where spontaneous meetings can give birth to new innovations. The unexpected ideas or thoughts that can come from a chat over something as simple as a cup of coffee or a stroll on our "walk and talk" meeting trail.