3 days left
- Experience Level
Pharmaceutical Manufacturer requires a Group HSE Manager to plan, implement, monitor and review protective and preventative safety measures across multiple sites in the UK.
Duties may include:
- Driving, Leading & Promoting the HSE strategy and its execution at multiple manufacturing sites
- Point of contact for HSE and Environmental authorities
- Understand the application of the Health and Safety at Work, etc. Act 1974 and other legislation relevant to each Companies business
- Creating and executing health and safety strategies and developing internal policy
- Being up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Health and Safety legislation and any developments that affect the employer's industry
- Creation of emergency response plans and training of duty staff
- Advising on a range of specialist areas, e.g. DSEAR, fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases
- Liaising with the relevant authorities such as the HSE, fire brigade, local authorities etc.
- Environmental permit compliance and liaison with Environment Inspectors
- Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- To recommend control measures and advise on the standard of PPE issued to employees
- Promoting Employee Health surveillance as necessary (in line with Group Operations strategy)
- Carrying out risk assessments (including COSHH, Manual handling etc) and considering how risks could be reduced. Ensure that all "assessments" as required by legislation are conducted and reviewed at relevant intervals and records maintained of the same
- Writing safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards
- Making changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation to highlight areas where training/certification is required to meet the standards imposed by legislation, Approved Codes of Practice (e.g. Legionella compliance) or HSE guidance
- Leading and delivering in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks
- Leading site health and safety meetings and acting as a figurehead and leader in improving safety culture
- Keeping records of inspection findings and producing reports that suggest improvements
- Recording/investigation of incidents, ill health cases and accidents and producing statistics for managers; RIDDOR compliance
- Attending IOSH seminars and reading professional journals;
- Producing management reports, newsletters and bulletins;
- Ensuring the safe installation of equipment;
- Management of hazardous substances, e.g. asbestos; flammables, explosives etc.
Skills and experience:
- NEBOSH qualified and significant experience across multiple manufacturing businesses
- A team player who has an engaging style and directing only when necessary
- Calm, patient and assertive, with excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organisational skills.
- Capable of acquiring and applying detailed legal, technical and regulatory information.
Apply for HSE Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly