Head of Production
3 days left
- Experience Level
- Senior Management
One of the UK's largest independent manufacturers of speciality organic chemicals seeks an experienced Head of Production reporting to the Operations Director.
About the role:
- The overall management and accountability for all chemical manufacturing plants to meet the company's sales, output, manufacturing efficiency, quality, safety and environmental performance targets and standards
- Direct management of the Manufacturing Cell Managers and Shift Site Managers
- In conjunction with the Operations Director and Production Management, plan for labour and equipment utilisation throughout the year
- Leadership and Management to ensure compliance with all SHE Policies and Procedures within Production operations
- Leadership to reinforce expectations on safe working behaviours
- Process Improvement
- External liaison as required with customers, sub-contractors and suppliers
- Supporting commercial strategies with customers and suppliers
- Seeking new technology for better and more efficient ways to manufacture
- Prioritisation of budget and capex expenditure in line with the 5 years sales plan
- Site Main Controller if required in emergencies
You will be accountable for safe manufacturing, cost effectiveness and striving for operational excellence within all your areas of responsibility.
Skills and experience:
- Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- Extensive experience in chemical synthesis.
- Chemical sector experience in Production operations.
- Experience in SHE requirements and process safety management (preferably gained in a COMAH environment).
- Experienced leader with ability to manage, coach and develop others.
- Commercially aware, with the ability to manage cost and budgets effectively.
- You must have the right to live and work in the UK
- Relocation assistance may be available
The salary for this position is in the region of £60,000 plus car.
Apply for Head of Production
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly