Scientist IV, Analytical, Process R&D
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Our employees are able to develop their careers in exciting new medical technologies, and so can you.
Oxford Biomedica’s Process R&D team consists of experienced scientists and engineers that have extensive expertise in all aspects of upstream and downstream development. PR&D take processes from the laboratory “bench” scale and apply process expertise and engineering fundamentals for delivery to Manufacturing.
We are currently recruiting for a Scientist IV, Analytical to join the team. The purpose of this role is to plan, execute and report relevant investigations, and to support other members of the Group as needed to aid the Group Leader in meeting Group/Department objectives.
Your responsibilities in this role would be:
- Perform analytical assays to support upstream and downstream process development activities, to inform process understanding and to deliver process characterisation activities.
- With the support of the Senior Analytical Scientist and/or Team Lead, be responsible for co-ordinating and executing the analytical support activities for all assigned process development projects.
- Learn and implement laboratory techniques and demonstrate excellent levels of accuracy and quality when carrying out analytical analyses.
- Carry out multiple laboratory-based assays each week and complete the data processing for these assays in a timely manner.
- Perform, develop and optimise robust, efficient analytics for improving process monitoring and performance.
- Support the implementation of new processes and analytical technologies by working with cross-functional departments to bring new analytical techniques in to PR&D.
- Analyse and interpret data and present/document the results at internal team.
- Generate reports and prepare scientific presentations as needed.
- Write, revise and review SOPs and technical reports.
- Share scientific knowledge through regular team meetings and presentations.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- BSc, MSc or PhD (or equivalent) in a relevant Bioscience with an appropriate level of relevant experience.
- Relevant laboratory experience in one or more of the following areas: Tissue Culture, Molecular Biology or Protein Chemistry.
- Knowledge of general cellular and molecular biology laboratory and analytical techniques
- An understanding of viral vector analytical principles and processes.
- Practical experience in a range of bioprocess analytical techniques, such as but not limited to, cell-based assays, flow cytometry, nucleic acid extractions, qPCR, SDS PAGE, Western blot analysis, ELISA, and HPLC.
- An awareness of basic biopharmaceutical process development activities.
- Excellent aseptic technique.
- Knowledge of the regulatory requirements for analytical work (e.g. product specifications, stability testing guidelines etc.) is required.
- Capable of following company standard operating procedures and requirements.
- Understanding of laboratory health and safety requirements and ensuring colleagues adhere to these.
- Competency in data capture and reporting.
- High level of familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- High level of familiarity with the current literature in a defined project area.
- In addition, desirable skills include:
- Biotechnology industry experience in analytics, biological research and development or equivalent experience gained elsewhere.
- Experience with cell culture and downstream processing techniques.
Do you want to feel inspired every day? We’re future-focused and our business is growing rapidly. We succeed together through passion, commitment and team work, and so can you.
Collaborate. Contribute. Change lives.
No agencies please