National Market Access Manager
- Experience Level
Be the Key strategic partner to the Commercial Lead shaping the 3-5 year therapy area strategy.
Global healthcare/ pharmaceutical brand
The Market Access Manager is responsible for:
Market access Leadership
- Key strategic partner to the Commercial Lead and CVT shaping the 3-5 year
therapy area strategy that will transform patient/ healthcare outcomes now and
in the future.
- Enable the CVT to shape and influence with IBVT's EMEA access strategies,
plans and tactics to ensure they reflect the needs of the UK market
Broad & Early Access
- Deliver accelerated local access & uptake across critical launches.
CVT/TA Market Access Leadership
· Lead/support the development of the market access strategy for new products and
· Deliver the market access plan for our new products across the relevant launch phases
· Measure and report success of market access plan strategies
· Support the development of HTA local/national market access strategies.
· Strategic lead to shape and influence the direction of the short/long term brand
strategies through market access solutions.
· Horizon scan future access barriers that directly impact the commercial business and
provide mitigation strategies to overcome the risk(s).
· Understand the international health systems and go-to-market strategies to develop
optimal launch strategies for our client's UK. business
· Partner with IBVT to shape and influence EMEA access strategies, plans and tactics to
ensure they reflect the needs of the UK market
· Key strategic partners to the commercial lead ensuring in shaping the 3-5 year therapy
area strategy that will transform patient/ healthcare outcomes now and in the future.
· Strategically working with the CVT/TA to develop opportunities for our client's to
collaborate with the healthcare system to improve access to our client's medicines.
· Partner with cross-functional colleagues, Head of Patient Engagement and Government
Affairs to fully understand the external environment/ partners and develop a plan that
shapes policy to therapy area strategy
· Lead local RWE data generation/publications in support of local access
Leadership of The Local Access Team
· Implement market access strategies through leadership of HELM team.
· Train and support the HELMs for successful implementation of market access
· Map clinical / financial decision-making processes and apply this insight / knowledge to
create an optimal funding environment for our client's drugs.
· Support the implementation of NICE & SMC guidance through the development and
implementation of appropriate strategies/tools.
· Collaborate with HEMAR, MAF and commercial teams in the development of tools and
materials to support market access strategies.
· Maintain knowledge of the Health Economies in each region and within HTA agencies
and provide input at brand teams and market access planning meetings
· Align our future products to NHS policies by ensuring that the needs and priorities of
the NHS are highlighted, and we position our products appropriately internally and
· Identify new and changing policy that impacts on our market access strategies at both a
local and national level.
· Lead the team to challenge status quo and business ways of working.
· Lead people development (within function and identify opportunities outside of role)
- Inform HTA submissions by providing local health economy datasets
- Lead local RWE data generation/publications in support of local/national
Market Access Environment / Horizon Scan
- Keep the business abreast of the evolving market access environment and
local/national policies to ensure our client's can capitalise on opportunities and
- Partner with cross-functional colleagues, Head of Patient Engagement and
Government Affairs to fully understand the external environment/ partners and
develop a plan that shapes policy to therapy area strategy
- Identify and adopt new national initiatives to accelerate and support access for
- Adopt a leadership role in shaping company market access strategies for new
products and licence extensions through the CVT.
- Internally position pipeline products for success by ensuring strategic
decision making is based on local market access insights and care pathways.
Line Management / Leadership
- Implement local market access strategies through leadership of HELM team.
We are looking for knowledge and experience of:
- Deep knowledge of local NHS decision making process and funding flows
- Strategic mindset & communication skills
- Leadership & coaching skills
- Clear understanding of Marketing Excellence
- Working understanding of outcomes research
National field-based role with regular head office attendance (up to 30%)
Hourly/ Daily Rate on contract role for a global brand, engaging team and business.