Sr Program Manager - Healthcare/Pharmacy
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Strategic client contact for program(s) to which employee is assigned. Manages day-to-day activity of program and supervisory team. May have multiple and/or complex programs. Extensive interaction with internal and external customers. Significant participation in strategic planning. Reviews contracts and is accountable for proper execution of contract terms. Works with Senior Director or Director to develop policies, procedures and the business work plan for assigned program(s) in corresponding site(s). Position may support multiple programs and/or a complex program. Provides direction, coordinates and supervises the activities of business support, technical support or production team at exempt levels using established policies and procedures. Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other managers. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall quality and efficiency.
Specific job duties:
- Manage program(s) per the scope of work, program and standard operating procedures within the contracted budget in one or more sites.
- Manage day-to-day activity of the program operation, including supervision of staff.
- Monitor program statistics and metrics.
- Resolve complex cases.
- Day to day contact with complex clients for issue resolution.
- Lead the analysis and writing of client reports and other deliverables.
- Presentation of program information to internal and external customers.
- Works with Manager(s) and Assoc Manager(s) to analyze operations and efficiency of the program(s).
- Acts as a liaison for other operational departments to research and resolve client issues.
- Acts as a mentor to other Managers.
- Contributes to strategic and business planning for the program(s) by participating in planning activities company-wide, identifying project initiatives and operational issues, coordinating research and developing recommendations based on that research. Assists with development and tracking of budget.
- Participate in interviewing prospective employees, evaluating current employees, and train employees as needed.
- Work to develop employee’s supervisory skills and provide direction to supervisory staff concerning performance management issues and corrective disciplinary actions.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with key contacts in professional organizations and medical professional societies.
- Travel to and attend related meetings/conferences as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
2 – 10 Direct Reports, 20+ Indirect Reports
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline or equivalent work experience
- 8 – 12 years relevant experience, or 6 – 10 years of experience with Master’s degree
- Pharmacy Technician License may be required depending on program and state requirements
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office and Internet experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong focus on book of business client satisfaction and client retention results
- Ability to work cross-functionally to proactively communicate and to resolve issues with the highest sense of urgency
- Highly developed written communication and documentation skills to develop project educational materials, program specific procedures, product tools, and other services – related to collateral
- Networking and client interfacing skills to cultivate and manage relationships
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to analyze information and target trends
- Organize people and systems to achieve goals
United BioSource Corporation (UBC) is a leading provider of pharmaceutical support services, partnering with life science companies to make medicine and medical products safer and more accessible. Our services support the full lifecycle of medicine and medical products, including development, commercialization, and long-term value and safety.
While UBC offers employment within Patient Support, Nursing, Pharmacy and Corporate, two main focus areas for the company are Clinical Development & Research and Safety & Risk Management. Members of the Clinical Development and Research teams help evaluate study protocol, target study population, recruit physicians and patients, and collect, clean, validate and report data. As a result, sponsors are able to submit findings to regulatory authorities or make a no-go decision in a timely and clear-cut manner. Additionally, our Safety and Risk Management teams develop, deliver, and report evidence to reinforce safe and appropriate product use.
Through our Patient Access services, we help patients begin therapy quickly and remain on therapy, building strong relationships with patients to ensure optimal care.
You can find out more by visiting