Lead Clinical Data Manager
6 days left
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Brief Description: The Lead Clinical Data Manager is a member of the project team and is the primary data management contact with the client and clinical team who is responsible for all data management activities encompassing multiple aspects including study start-up, operations, data auditing and closeout to ensure a high quality database delivered on time.
Requirements: Knowledge of medical terminology, clinical data, and/or ICH/Good Clinical Data Management practices preferred; Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with peers; Strong written, organizational and verbal communication skills; Strong interpersonal skills and have a clear understanding of the escalation process; ability to work on a minimum of 3 or more projects simultaneously. A solid understanding and experience with: CRF design and development, Database structure and design, medical coding (i.e., Adverse Events, Concomitant Medication, Medical History, etc.), and budget, timeline and deliverable management; Prior experience with Clinical Project Management, CRAs, Biostatistics and SAS programming preferred; thorough and broad knowledge of data management processes, including electronic data capture (EDC), electronic patient reported outcomes (ePRO) and interactive voice response system (IVRS) experience.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Specific Job Duties:
- Primary Data Management contact for the client and study team members as well as is responsible for all aspects of Data Management project start-up activities such as CRF design, database design specifications development, Data Management Plan development, Edit check specification development, and other process documents (i.e. Data Management Plan, Data Entry Guidelines or CRF Completion Guidelines) as well as creating study related documentation and listings. Collaborate with the CRF designer, Programmer to ensure the CRF is designed appropriately.
- Responsible for delivering quality databases to stakeholders and communicating any clarifications or details that would affect the data analysis to the project team by ensuring that Clinical Data Coordinator and Clinical Data Manager staff perform data and/or manual listing review to identify potential data discrepancies and inconsistencies for assigned projects.
- Reviewing and resolving all study related issues raised by study team members with consultation from the Senior Managers, when needed, to ensure all study-related tasks are completed on time and with high quality. Responsible for adhering and managing the timelines as well as budgeted hours.
- Responsible for project data cleaning work assignments.
- Manage third party vendor transfer plans, data transfer, as well as reconciliation and troubleshooting of the vendor data. Resolve issues identified during the data review process and determine if process/plans need revision. Data sources preferred: laboratory, ECG/EKG, electronic medical health records (EHR).
- Responsible for process and budgetary efficiencies, communicating with cross-functional teams, overall timeline management for Data Management tasks, assist with budget forecast hours and potential budget impacts, setting study metrics for indirect reports, promotes collaborative cross functional team building. Develop technical specifications for data management programming and communicate needs to information technology staff.
United BioSource Corporation (UBC) is a leading provider of pharmaceutical support services, partnering with life science companies to make medicine and medical products safer and more accessible. Our services support the full lifecycle of medicine and medical products, including development, commercialization, and long-term value and safety.
While UBC offers employment within Patient Support, Nursing, Pharmacy and Corporate, two main focus areas for the company are Clinical Development & Research and Safety & Risk Management. Members of the Clinical Development and Research teams help evaluate study protocol, target study population, recruit physicians and patients, and collect, clean, validate and report data. As a result, sponsors are able to submit findings to regulatory authorities or make a no-go decision in a timely and clear-cut manner. Additionally, our Safety and Risk Management teams develop, deliver, and report evidence to reinforce safe and appropriate product use.
Through our Patient Access services, we help patients begin therapy quickly and remain on therapy, building strong relationships with patients to ensure optimal care.
You can find out more by visiting