Staff Pharmacist - Per Diem, As Needed
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
The Staff Pharmacist interprets physicians’ prescriptions, contacts doctors or other prescribers and/or patients to verify information on prescriptions and expedite processing of order. The Staff Pharmacist will track order status and outstanding issues as well as consult with patients regarding the use of medications and potential drug interactions. This individual may maintain daily production, quality and service levels, vary work priorities and activities to accommodate business needs. The Staff Pharmacist may also train less experienced pharmacists. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Works independently receives minimal guidance. Frequently inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
Specific job duties:
- Train to receive working knowledge of pharmacy computer system for prescription review. May need to also enter prescriptions into system in extenuating circumstance
- Review in pharmacy computer system prescriptions entered
- Authorize the transfer of prescriptions & participate in prescription transfer as necessary
- Provide oversight and quality assurance to pharmacy technicians.
- Interpret physicians or prescribers’ prescriptions.
- Contact doctors to verify information on prescriptions such as drug strength, prescription sig., and drug name in order to expedite processing of orders.
- Phone communication as necessary with prescribers regarding prescriptions received
- Verify prescription information entered in the system by data entry or order entry.
- Contact physicians for new and/or transfer authorization.
- Back up other pharmacists as needed, perform additional duties as assigned by management, or train less experienced pharmacists.
- Awareness that job duties may adapt and change based on client needs
- May have interaction with Board of Pharmacy inspection in certain circumstances.
- Follow all resident state pharmacy practice standards
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Graduate of ACPE Accreditation School of Pharmacy with a B.S. Pharmacy or Pharm.D, degree
- 1 – 2 years of relevant experience
- Current resident in state being hired and an active pharmacist license in good standing
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve issues
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret prescriptions
- Strong focus on customer service, quality and accuracy
- Ability to manage timelines and meet tight client deadlines
- Ability to adapt in a changing environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule for peak volume times
United BioSource Corporation (UBC) is a leading provider of pharmaceutical support services, partnering with life science companies to make medicine and medical products safer and more accessible. Our services support the full lifecycle of medicine and medical products, including development, commercialization, and long-term value and safety.
While UBC offers employment within Patient Support, Nursing, Pharmacy and Corporate, two main focus areas for the company are Clinical Development & Research and Safety & Risk Management. Members of the Clinical Development and Research teams help evaluate study protocol, target study population, recruit physicians and patients, and collect, clean, validate and report data. As a result, sponsors are able to submit findings to regulatory authorities or make a no-go decision in a timely and clear-cut manner. Additionally, our Safety and Risk Management teams develop, deliver, and report evidence to reinforce safe and appropriate product use.
Through our Patient Access services, we help patients begin therapy quickly and remain on therapy, building strong relationships with patients to ensure optimal care.
You can find out more by visiting