Associate Safety Project Manager
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
As Associate Safety Project Manager you will be responsible for management and service delivery excellence of a range of medium to large sized regional and global projects as assigned, covering single or multiple Lifecycle Safety functions (clinical trial and / or post-market). Provide leadership and accountability for customer-facing activities and oversight of operational service delivery, working cross-functionally and across the opportunity lifecycle, integrating delivery into one seamless and transparent program for customers, aligned by accounts. Collaborate with global management team and integrated partners to develop and implement strategic initiatives/solutions to expand business, partnership, strengthen overall relationship and ensure global consistency.
• Manage customer interface and communication for assigned projects/programs. Represent Lifecycle Safety on projects/programs; serve as primary point of contact within Lifecycle Safety for all internal and external customers;
• Manage customer deliverables for assigned projects/programs. Tactical, day-to-day customer-facing leadership at project/program level. Responsibilities include project planning (timelines, deliverables), scope management, quality management and project financial management.
• May act as an account owner over a program or customer portfolio and therefore report program/portfolio level metrics and provide oversight of projects they do not directly lead.
• Performs role of solution architect responsible for crafting and defending proposed solutions to new standalone Safety business opportunities.
• Represents as Safety Subject Matter Expert Provide leadership and accountability for customer-facing collateral and operational support to deliver key customer messages, working cross-functionally and across the opportunity lifecycle, integrating lifecycle safety core message delivery into customer facing material, presentations and meetings.
• Provide leadership and structure for customer service interface from scoping stage, through proposal generation, bid defense to transition of work and service delivery; and throughout the development and commercial life cycle of the product.
• Manage finances for assigned projects/programs. Ensure financial project performance through oversight of key performance metrics.
• Work with sales and proposals to ensure rapid, seamless, tailored responses to opportunities. Drive business growth by improving customer loyalty through enhanced customer relations, service delivery excellence and excellent customer communication.
• Manage start-up of new projects using standard operating procedures and best practices.
• Participate in sales activities, and sales presentations
• Support customer relationship into partnership mode; manage accounts targeting extended business relationship throughout lifecycle. Focus on customer loyalty and contract renewal.
• Participate in client and internal audits and inspections for assigned projects.
• Bachelor's Degree Health science or other directly related field
• Around 3 to 5 years' clinical research experience in a Contract Research Organization or Pharmaceutical company including at least 3 years of Lifecycle Safety experience (Pharmacovigilance, CEVA, Medical Information, Safety Publishing, Risk Management, etc.).
• Proven project management experience.
• Strong knowledge of applicable global, regional and local clinical research regulatory requirement; i.e.Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines.
• Working knowledge of Lifecycle Safety service lines; willingness to increase knowledge across Lifecycle Safety service lines and develop new skills.
• Effective team management and leadership skills, conflict management skills.
• Very good verbal and written communication skills including ability to network and lead teleconferences.
• Effective collaborative, organizational and delegation skills.
• Ability to work on multiple projects and manage competing priorities.
• Proven strong presentation; report writing skills and customer focus skills.
• Ability to achieve results through communication, facilitation, negotiations in a matrix service delivery environment with shared accountabilities.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.